1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I benefit from posting content?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mem700X, May 6, 2014.

I run an online clothing store with a blog and I am constantly keeping the blog up to date just about every day with new content.

How exactly can I benefit from posting new content? How can I drive traffic to the site that will eventually lead to sales?

I tried purchasing Facebook ads and promoting posts but it doesn't seem to help too much.

Mem700X, May 6, 2014 IP
  2. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its not just posting content on your blog. Focus on creating interesting content that will able to make conversations and engagement to your targeted audience. The visitors will benefit first from your great and unique content.

KylieSweet, May 6, 2014 IP
  3. ashokvardhan86

ashokvardhan86 Member

Best Answers:
    If you use content marketing you will get contextual back links compare to general back links contextual back links are very powerful, easily you get page rank and traffic

ashokvardhan86, May 6, 2014 IP
  4. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Mem700X You need to create Interesting and eye Catchy content, and create discussion on your Blog. Install interlinking plugin for linking. You will get Traffic from your blog and increase your indexed pages in google.

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, May 6, 2014 IP
  5. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, what you can do is try to create some catchy content with the help of some pictures and ...... as you have clothing store means you are targeting basically the she i.e. females. While writing the blogpost include some of your work in such a way that relationship between your work and the picture can be drawn. I would say use some eye catching picture that will make the reader much more interested.

John Dave, May 6, 2014 IP
  6. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    The quality content that you create it of blog how can reach the target audience that's the keyword here...

Prasseo, May 6, 2014 IP
  7. tracker22

tracker22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Find right keyword for your site..

tracker22, May 6, 2014 IP
  8. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously no one actually checked your blog.

The first thing that springs to mind is that you're splitting your site into two parts: you're trying to sell clothes, but your blog is about random street stuff (mostly BMX and skate). That's fine, but your blog's not working WITH your store - it's running alongside, talking about another subject.

The second thing I noticed is that the writing is, er... crap (no offense). You're too apologetic, you lack confidence and you're not focussed on anything in particular. The lead-in to the "Skating on dirt" article was OK - "I see there’s been alot of posts lately regarding Bmx. Wheres the love for skating?" Apart from the obvious grammatical problems ("a lot", "BMX") and the first-person approach (which is always bad on a company blog, at least unless you're a personality), it poses a question and will incite skaters to read.

But then there's three lines of vague stuff, with two videos. You've grabbed their attention, then there's nothing to keep it.

So, the first thing I would do is either hire a decent writer or actually take the time to sit down and write properly. This is the content that will bring in traffic: it's not just "something you have to do, even if you don't want to".

Change your approach. For example, using the lead-in from the Dirt article - "There's been a lot of interest in BMX lately... but where's the love for skating?" - you could follow on with the fact that both sports WEAR the same gear, they're both parts of the street (clothes) scene and so on. Tie in the clothing aspect. Find some way to link to an item or a category in your store.

"5 reasons to visit California" - what does that have to do with anything? Where's the link to street gear, to BMX, to skating? Oh, yes, a tiny para lost at the end of the article. Wrong! Put that FIRST. (And you might want to avoid alienating your entire female audience by removing the "girls" entry, depending on your target demographic.)

All in all, you just need to bring your blog into line with your site's purposes. Do you want to make money from selling or get ad revenue on a blog about skate/BMX? If it's the clothes, the blog needs to work WITH the clothing side, rather than running separately alongside. If it's the blog, you need a lot more text, with a much more "street" approach (i.e. better writing for your target demographic).

I'd also use smaller pictures and lightbox. Big pics are nice, but they're a bitch on mobile and you're not running a photographic portfolio.

My 2c. Hope it helps.

TIEro, May 7, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 and Karuna17 like this.
  9. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Posting a content is not enough to drive traffic to your website. You need to do promotional activities, so that other can find your blog or website seems to be an interesting one. Share and submit it in social media sites, directories. If possible try to do some press release about your website activities and try to grab user attention towards it.Otherwise you wont get good traffic.

And make sure the content you written should be an unique and quality one. Not to get caught in duplicate issue. And it needs to be more interesting for the user to read it.

As you mentioned facebook ads should work if you done it properly. You need to analyze what are the areas or regions people should come from and note the time. Plan according to it and run your ads. It's not only for the facebook, it suits if you run ads in google, bing, yahoo, etc..

I don't know how familiar you are in doing promotional activities. If you have any doubt don't hesitate to raise questions. All the best!!!

aceriker, May 7, 2014 IP
  10. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    TIEro has told everything. The content must be closely related to your store, not about everything. Consider promoting some of your best posts with links to your selling pages. Drop links at local and niche forums...

Karuna17, May 7, 2014 IP
  11. Mem700X

Mem700X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mem700X, May 7, 2014 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    A content marketing strategy will drive more targeted traffic to your site, either through discovering your site for the first time, or because they were a repeated visitor and you eventually converted them into a sale.

dcristo, May 7, 2014 IP
  13. seo backlink

seo backlink Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello if you have do the blog posting or article posting than it is very good for us and it is given beneficial for us .

seo backlink, May 7, 2014 IP
  14. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google loves fresh content which is not keyword stuffed, if you are regular at posting content, Google Crawls your website/blog frequently, in turn it increases traffic and hence SERP's result.

karen9999, May 8, 2014 IP
    Karuna17 likes this.
  15. Carolfoster

Carolfoster Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to be getting the best results in SEO one must simply just try post fresh content as a represented material for your product or site. Search engines love clean material which is not keyword and key phrase packed, if you are frequent at publishing material, Search engines Crawls your website/ blog regularly, in turn it improves visitors and hence SERP's result.

Carolfoster, May 8, 2014 IP
  16. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you asking for a qualitative assessment or just a comment on whether it's appropriate?

For the latter, it should probably go in your "About" section, since it covers all that. And also differs from what's already there, by the way, which indicates you need to decide more firmly what your brand is about.

As far as quality is concerned, you may not like what I have to say...

With my Evil Editor hat on (so no offense intended, take it as opinion and nothing more): in the same way as the rest of the content, it lacks focus, it babbles randomly, it lacks confidence, it apologises far too much and it reads like it's been written by a 14-year-old trying to sound like a businessman. I got bored about 1/3 of the way through and just skip-read through most of it because it was repetitive and not interesting.

Your main problem is the confidence. That's why you repeat yourself all the time, because you don't believe your audience understands what you're trying to say. They do. You only have to say it once. And if they don't like it, that's their problem: you don't have to apologise for what you do or who you are.

The goal you should be aiming for is to make people want to be in your crowd, not to make yourself acceptable to theirs. Assume you're awesome and make your readers wish they were like you - not by boasting, but by not apologising. Even if it what you say isn't absolutely true. :)

TIEro, May 8, 2014 IP
  17. benchmarkdorothy

benchmarkdorothy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Engaging with your customers is what will bring tremendous results. If you look at some of the post popular blogs on the web today, there are the ones with the most interactions with the blogger/organization and the audience. And yes unique content is what will satisfy their needs, but then their interest will fade away until the next content you produce. Instead, you want them to keep hanging on to you even in the "in-between" times. And that's where email marketing comes in.

Email marketing is when you have a set list of people that subscribe to your blog, so that every new update you have, or whatever campaign you create and want to send to them will automatically be sent to their inboxes. Why is this beneficial? Because people check their emails almost every hour, so them receiving your email will keep both parties in consistent contact. It also creates a closer relationship with the readers, especially when you create something just for them.

So with an online clothing store, you do something fun where your readers can participate, and only with those that subscribe to your blog. (Subscriptions can be done by them filling out a simple contact box with their name and email address and boom, done!). Maybe a giveaway: Free pair of shoes to the first ten people that subscribe to your list in the next hour." Or if you have a writer on your team, they can do a weekly newsletter with the latest fashion news or trends. The point here is that you are providing more value to the customers. That value will strengthen the relationship, this encouraging them to continue to go to your blog.

There is a reason email marketing remains as the top marketing methods for ecommerce sites and businesses today. If you have any questions, feel free to message me. Good luck!

benchmarkdorothy, May 9, 2014 IP
  18. Mem700X

Mem700X Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 150 subscribers right now using Mail Chimp. When I send out emails about a brand new product I get like 4 un subscribers.

Mem700X, May 9, 2014 IP
  19. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    My guess: your email tells them what the new product is, rather than telling them why the new product will be awesome for them? The ONLY way to keep subscribers and get sales is to think about what they want, not what you want to tell them. :)

TIEro, May 10, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  20. ViviDroid

ViviDroid Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon referrals, Adsense, traffic from showing something down priced at the moment?

ViviDroid, May 10, 2014 IP