1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Marketing and List Building?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by CMadeIt, May 6, 2014.

Im looking to get started in Affiliate Marketing and List Building. I would love to learn how to create a monthly income out of this. Does anyone have any suggestions to someone who is just starting out?

CMadeIt, May 6, 2014 IP
  2. Joe@AdPatron

Joe@AdPatron Member

Best Answers:
    Your big problem is getting visitors to your website. What do you have to start with?

Joe@AdPatron, May 7, 2014 IP
  3. lucardk

lucardk Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you plan to list building:

1. Choose a niche
    2. Find an affiliate product that will convert in that niche and allows opt-in email promotion.
    3. Find a service as mailchimp or similar for you to create an opt-in list.
    4. Give something for free in exchange of signing up in your email, of course the freebie must be related to the niche you are in.
    5. Cash in...

Of course it is a LOT more complicated than this 5 steps but if you research them properly and WORK HARD, you'll get it right.

lucardk, May 7, 2014 IP
  4. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need money to invest to make any successful short term attempt at doing this.

The best way to do this would be as mentioned above:
    • Create a free product to giveaway. (eBook, videos, audio etc) Needs to be specific to one topic like list building, facebook marketing etc. You could also purchase rights to a PLR product and use that instead.
    • Create a converting squeeze page and test the conversion, and link your autoresponder to the opt in form. I strongly suggest you avoid the free options here. Aweber is probably your best bet $1 trial for 1st month then $19 pm.
    • Go through clickbank, JVzoo, Warrior+ and find several products which are closely related to your free product, compare the stats EPC's and conversion rates and make sure it at least pays 50% commissions. Select one and use it as your OTO/Upsell. Place it behind your squeeze page. You could also grab banners for other affiliate products to put on your thank you page where your opt ins will download your free product.
    • write an email follow-up sequence in your autoresponder, I recommend at least 5 emails to start going out on alternate days. Do NOT promote any promotional products in these emails apart from the OTO/Upsell you used behind your squeeze page, place it in your email sig. The follow-up emails should be introducing you, thanking them for downloading the freebie, and giving them more value on the freebie topic.
    • Then drive traffic to your squeeze page, solo ads & facebook ads work the best for me.
    • If your squeeze page converts well, and your OTO/Upsell converts well and is well priced then you should be able to make your money spent advertising back + more! And you will have the start of an email list to build relationships with and then monetize.
    • My advice for monetizing would be to go for the high ticket products. Its so much easier to sell 5 x $1000 commissions than it is to 500 x $10 commissions.
    Hope that helps and isnt too confusing!

Thomas Owen, May 8, 2014 IP
  5. Martin Burt

Martin Burt Member

Best Answers:
    Start with affiliate products from sites like Clickbank, JVZoo, Commission Junction.... choose a niche, you are interested in a know a bit about join some forums and post some great content on the forum ... place links to affiliate products in your signature (if they let you not all forums do) this way you have spent nothing at all ... but long term if you are serious about making this your full time income. You will need to invest some cash into your business...

Building a list is vital ! Spend some money on a good auto responder Get Response or Aweber would be two I would recommend.

Having your own website is a must too ..or several once you enter different niches...

Learn from others ...

Start there are progress steadily, construct a plan and stick with it .

Martin Burt, May 8, 2014 IP
  6. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you want to build a list, you'll need an email campaign. Throw in products to promote in the sequence. I've made numerous sales (warrior+) by doing so.

You can also purchase good PLRs as freebies to give to your subscribers. Let them know that you are genuinely providing value as opposed to spamming them.

Ethan Alvin, May 8, 2014 IP