1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there any advantage of using a GUI to manage your server ?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by meetdilip, Apr 24, 2014.

Does it help ? At least to learn how to do things and later go back to commands ? Is it easier to work on a GUI Control Panel ?

meetdilip, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    What do you think? I think you have answered your own question, learn how to do things and then go back to commands. GUI allows you to do that with not such a steep curve as that of command lines commands for instance.

wisdomtool, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  3. Shagoon

Shagoon Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it helps, a lot... It would take you quite some time to learn how to do everything a control panel does just from command lines, and even then it would be quite unpractical and inefficient.

Shagoon, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  4. Jason James

Jason James Peon

Best Answers:
    The advantage boils down to time, imo. Typically a GUI will save a "normal" user time which managing a server. Command line is going to give you much more granular control.

Jason James, May 6, 2014 IP
  5. paullopez

paullopez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Though it is easy to learn things from GUI, but I would suggest learn from command line interface, because once start using GUI control panel later it goes difficult to get used to with CLI. Most of the admins I know started with CLI.

paullopez, May 7, 2014 IP