1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I get money back for a bad service? Paypal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by infanteria, May 6, 2014.

Hello,
    a month ago i've bought a SEO service, but i'm completely unsatisfied of this. I paid by paypal.
    Can i open a dispute in PayPal to return my money back?
    Thanks

infanteria, May 6, 2014 IP
  2. lucardk

lucardk Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Start a dispute, paypal will tell you to first communicate with the seller. You can communicate with the seller directly within paypal, make sure to be as clear as possible explaining the reason you aren't satisfied and what he offered you that he didn't provide. If the seller doesn't reply you can upscale your dispute to paypal and hope for the best...

lucardk, May 6, 2014 IP
  3. infanteria

infanteria Active Member

Best Answers:
    The SEO worker promised my site to Google top, but it's on 5th page. But at the dispute he says he just promised to provide a service till my site is at Google top. But i cannot wait for months.

4. lucardk

Best Answers:
    You were expecting to get into the first page in one month? Did he mentioned this in any part of your communication? If he did include a screenshot, but it will be tough... If he clearly explained it might take him a longer period of time you don't have any option but to continue with the service or cancel it but chances are you won't get a refund.

lucardk, May 6, 2014 IP
  5. infanteria

infanteria Active Member

Best Answers:
    He told me it takes a month, i'm not close to SEO
    Will paypal refund if i attach screenshots with promises?

6. lucardk

Best Answers:
    There are no guarantees, but if he clearly stated ONE MONTH TO ACHIEVE TOP SERP RESULTS IN GOOGLE and you can prove he didn't than you have a good change.

lucardk, May 6, 2014 IP
  7. infanteria

infanteria Active Member

Best Answers:
    will paypal accept a screenshot as a proof?

8. lucardk

Best Answers:
    I can't remember last time I disputed something on Paypal but I'm pretty sure you can add attachments... If you want your money back why don't you search in google for dispute tips and why don't you begin opening the dispute... I'm sure you'll find a lot of help from Paypal FAQs and Google Results...

lucardk, May 6, 2014 IP
  9. Earn Easy

Earn Easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    payment sent as service cant b taken back with paypal dispute. if ur funding source is credit card, just open item not received chargeback with credit card company

Earn Easy, May 6, 2014 IP
  10. infanteria

infanteria Active Member

Best Answers:
    i found only failed disputes. If a seller claims the service was provided, there are no any chances.
    Also the same for digital goods sent by email

11. lucardk

Best Answers:
    If you chargeback a payment you have done with paypal you can kiss your account good bye! Never charge back from a company, always request a refund unless it was a clear fraud and they don't cooperate...

In this case it wasn't fraud you simply are un-happy with a service, if the seller is not willing to refund you, try to escalate the problem with paypal and hope for the best.

lucardk, May 6, 2014 IP
  12. Earn Easy

Earn Easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    for ur kind info, services are not covered by banks during chargeback . itas visa/mastercards terms

Earn Easy, May 7, 2014 IP
  13. Earn Easy

Earn Easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    if its first or second case , ur account will not be limited. its better u dont open dispute. simply chargeback. its another layer of protection. yes , ur account can b limited only due to excessive chargeback, not due to 1 or 2

Earn Easy, May 7, 2014 IP
  14. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In any ways it seems you used PayPal to pay. You paid for a service, an intangible item, which does not fall under PayPal's Buyer Protection. This will make the case quite hard for you to win. What you can do is gather any possible evidence and screenshots and explain your case with PayPal in details. Truth is that such cases rarely win the dispute, but still you are not losing anything by trying, PayPal can sometimes be reasonable too (although not too often ;) )

Rado_ch, May 7, 2014 IP