1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Rank Back Up?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by muj, May 5, 2014.

Hi everyone,

I've had a site for 2 years which is a .com and a few months down the line someone with the same name comes with .org and goes to the top of Google with my site name.

How can I go back to the top?

We are a active forum with 50-70 active members.

muj, May 5, 2014 IP
  2. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Reverse engineer their backlinks. If they're getting them from free resources (blog comments, directory links, etc), then get the same links as them. Hypothetically, if you have the same links yet your site is older and likely has better on-site engagement, you're going to regain the top spot.

If they're using a high powered tactic like PBNs or high PR/PA/DA posting, then you're probably out of luck unless you want to match them with the same.

Other things to look at will be your on-site SEO optimization. Make sure you're not over-optimized.

DiggitySEO, May 5, 2014 IP
    Karuna17 likes this.
  3. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    You can generate backlink from offpage seo technique like blog posting, article submission, guest blogging, bookmarking etc..It is very effective to create backlinks.

Pooja Gupta, May 5, 2014 IP
  4. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be your website is slapped by google penalty. You need to hire a SEO expert who will remove your Bad links.

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, May 5, 2014 IP
  5. almyty

almyty Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can get to top by doing proper SEO, good onpage optimisation and some nice backilnks made to site

almyty, May 6, 2014 IP
  6. muj

muj Member

Best Answers:
    We use Xenforo which has built in SEO

I think so :/ currently I have over 400 back links and they only have 20. How would i find out the bad links?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
    muj, May 6, 2014 IP
  7. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think your forum is hit by the Google, tell me are you closely moderating the forum ? Why I am saying this is because some people in forum use to drop their link in an unacceptable way and it look spammy from the eyes of Search Engine. I think your forum is lacking strict moderation. I can let you know more if you have shared your site link, have a look on it and do check your google webmaster tool for any manual action messages.

John Dave, May 6, 2014 IP
  8. muj

muj Member

Best Answers:
    I've removed the homepage link from the profiles long time.

muj, May 7, 2014 IP
  9. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Make stronger your On page remove unwanted or bad backlinks and improve your quality content and focus on your off page activities.

Prasseo, May 7, 2014 IP
  10. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    check them manually, think what is from low-pr and wrong niche. dispose of them if possible. check out for those press-release sites links. they do suck in Google's eyes. But I'd concentrate not on deleting the existing ones, but building high pr new ones

Karuna17, May 7, 2014 IP
  11. muj

muj Member

Best Answers:
    Where can I find good links?

muj, May 7, 2014 IP
  12. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    You can try hiring the guys if you have spare money and don't have time, but what I'd do is googling around to find major bloggers (with PageRank not less than 4) in your niche, contact them and propose them good articles mentioning you. check out for media (pr 5-7) that can write about your site and give a dofollow link. stuff the link title and text with proper keywords. It'd be cool if you get at least 1-2 really high PR links, that'll last for years, no matter how much that would cost

One more thing -- check your competitors backlinks, choose the best of them, think how they had got them. Is it possible for you to get the links at same instances? Again, head only for your niche's high PR once.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014
    Karuna17, May 8, 2014 IP