1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile App or HTML5 App?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by BuyGameTemplates, Apr 28, 2014.

I’m thinking of creating my idea, but I can’t decide whether to make it a mobile App (probably iOS) or a HTML5 web app (which will also display fine on mobile).

Any thoughts on which is better?

BuyGameTemplates, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  2. cowboy1015

cowboy1015 Member

Best Answers:
    If you are uploading on app store or google play... Mobile app. Otherwise, you can just go responsive which is basically just a typical website. Check out my site Dizkover.com, it's responsive which is html5 and looks nice on all devices.

cowboy1015, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  3. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    For wide range of customers HTML5 App is suggested.

jazzyjmnote, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  4. Apri1

Apri1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the type of application. There are many factors that make an app more suitable for mobile or HTML5 site.
    For example:
    - Security or privacy. Users might choose mobile app over HTML5 website that hasn't gained trust yet.
    - Complex UI. Games for example is easier to make as mobile apps (I think :))
    - Availability of network connection. With web app you don't have to worry about that.

Apri1, May 1, 2014 IP
  5. evilminion

evilminion Member

Best Answers:
    If you go mobile over HTML, use a third party SDK - one code base, multiple supported platforms. Depending on what you're looking for, Titanium Studio allows you to build for web and mobile. It's javascript, though I've also used Lua and C++ engines.

Edit: I feel like as a "peon" on this site, I should mention I'm not promoting any particular SDK, that's just the one that came to mind. I've written several applications and could likely recommend something more specific if you gave an idea of what you're building.

evilminion, May 2, 2014 IP
  6. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    I actually thought some apps do support HTML 5 -- opening like a browser shortcut to a web page. That might be useful if you want to reach both mobile and "landline" customers.

BoostSoftware, May 2, 2014 IP
  7. markjayswal

markjayswal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The key point is your idea, you can check your idea with apple or google store is there any similar app is available or not. If similar app is not availale then you must need to go with app.

In terms of regular expense like hosting of APP or HTML5 you need to pay for both.

HTML5 website design and development cost is cheaper then Mobile App.

markjayswal, May 3, 2014 IP
  8. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Why not both? It'd be good to reach out to traditional Web customers as well as mobile clients.

Alyssa Lochmore, May 3, 2014 IP