1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Design Leads

Discussion in 'General Business' started by medialab, Apr 30, 2014.

?

How much would you pay for a web design lead?

Poll closed May 7, 2014.
  1. $9

100.0%
  2. $19

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. $29

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $39

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. $49

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hey Everyone,

We are launching a new product in a few weeks that would allow web designers to get new clients who have asked to be paired with a web designer to build their website.

Designers can buy website leads quickly and easily from their account but we wanted to know what price point (if any) everyone felt a new client would be? So the question is: If you could get a new web design client would it be worth $9, $19, $29 to you?

All feedback is welcomed! Thanks for your input!

medialab, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  2. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    So is it like elance, freelancer??
    or do you just connect web designers with clients?
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As with any sales lead, it would depend upon the quality of the lead. Is the lead for a $200 website or a $200,000 website design? Am I the only person receiving the lead or will it be going out to 20 of my competitors, as well? Does the buyer have a budget and a timeframe or is he just kicking tires? These and other such issues would affect the value (and amount willing to be paid) of the lead.

jrbiz, May 1, 2014 IP
  4. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    You just about covered it all. For our business, we try to find the leads that include people that actually want to buy, and not just the hit-or-miss ones.

BoostSoftware, May 2, 2014 IP
  5. medialab

medialab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    We connect people who are searching for a web designer with companies looking for new clients, nothing like lance or freelancer, no bidding, or searching for jobs. Just people who need a web designer =)

medialab, May 2, 2014 IP
  6. medialab

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    All good points! #1, leads choose a price range and project type, so maybe they want to spend $1,000 on a business website. #2. We have 2 formats Shared leads (which are cheaper - but only can be purchased 3 times) and exclusive leads which are only available for 1 person.

Lastly all of our leads fill out a form specifically looking to get a quote on their project, they have manually entered their own information. Our leads are 100% end-user generated.

As with any new client it would be your job to contact them, discuss their project and sell them on your services.

medialab, May 2, 2014 IP
  7. markjayswal

markjayswal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you need to sell lead in packages like $10 - 5 Leads, $20 - 15 Leads etc. Do let me know your thoughts!!

markjayswal, May 3, 2014 IP
  8. medialab

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Our system is not designed for packages, you can buy multiple leads at the same time though. The only packages we have are for aged leads (30+ days) these you can buy for as little as .50 each.

medialab, May 3, 2014 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Man, I feel so stupid. I read and re-read your first post and I feel like I am missing something.

What does it even mean? "...allow web designers to get new clients who have asked to be paired with a web designer to build their website."

The thing I don't understand is how is it different from any other business model? Obviously, any client/customer would prefer to work with the same person whether that person is assigned to him/her or not. It's just common sense.

Sorry, I am not trying to be difficult, I am just trying to understand what I am missing.

qwikad.com, May 3, 2014 IP
  10. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    This is a competitive industry -- not sure if I'd pay a minimum of $9 per lead, though. It depends, but you're right as far a quality being better than quantity.

Alyssa Lochmore, May 3, 2014 IP
  11. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say some web designers should get out more. When I am out shopping or at bars, restaurants and similar I often see opportunities - websites that are heavily out-of-date and/or broken; businesses without one and could do well from it; websites with missing functionality; and similar.

Going back to your actual question: due to there being plenty of websites where people can hire designers, why would a designer pay for lead? I think you need to sell your idea more. It doesn't matter that it might only be one designer pitching at a time, the client can still say no and move onto another one. It's a sensible approach to have quite a few bids and evaluate them side-by-side.

ryan_uk, May 3, 2014 IP
  12. medialab

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry I guess the thread got carried away! It's much simpler than it sounds - Someone who is interested in building a website who wants a quote to have it built visits our site. They fill in their info and it gets added to our database of leads. Web designers can come in and sift through the leads to find something they are interested in and for a small fee purchase the lead. There is no real "pairing".

medialab, May 5, 2014 IP
  13. medialab

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your right, it is competitive but I find more and more that "serious designers or companies" are constantly looking for new clients. The laid back designer who does it on the side, this may not be for them. But paying $20 for the chance at getting a new client that is potentially worth $1,500 - $2,500 or more would be a real bargain.

And agin, this might not be for everyone, but is it really that different than paying $50/mth plus other fees to bid on jobs on freelancer? It's really just a different way of going about it with less competition.

medialab, May 5, 2014 IP
  14. medialab

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey Ryan you are right, I just covered this in my previous reply ^. I don't think there is much of a difference in paying on Freelancer for a premium spot, paying for bids, and then still paying a fee when you win. The only free source of clients are referrals (which are the best kind of course!)

medialab, May 5, 2014 IP