1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with a Malaysian domain.

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by NLCJ, Dec 9, 2009.

Hello,
    Can someone help me with registering a domain from Malaysia? I'd like to buy one but since I'm from the Netherlands I'm not allowed.

Regards,
    NLCJ

NLCJ, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  2. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You could try asking Exabytes whether they could help you in registering Malaysian domain names....but I don't think its possible unless if you trust someone in Malaysia who can register it under his/her name. He/she won't be allowed to transfer the domain to you as you are not a citizen.

Ibn Juferi, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  3. taminder

taminder Peon

Best Answers:
    or you can make an online business partnership with someone in Malaysia.

taminder, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  4. NLCJ

NLCJ Member

Best Answers:
    That's kind of my goal with this thread, maybe I was a bit unclear.

NLCJ, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  5. TradeManager

TradeManager Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't think territory disparity will exist in domain names' registration, which kind of domains do you need, list it, let us help you to get it.

TradeManager, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Restrition apply for malaysia domain.
    As below law
    2) Who can register for a .my domain name and what are the special registration requirements/restrictions for .my domain name?

Special requirements/restrictions for a .my domain name are as below:

WebNIC currently offer Second-Level .my, .com.my, .net.my, .org.my, and .name.my;
    There are two type of application for Second-Level .my which are Organization type and Individual type;
    For Second-Level .my (Organization Type), .com.my, .net.my and .org.my, registrant must be a company locally incorporated in Malaysia. WebNIC can provide partners the local contact service in Malaysia for .com.my, net.my and .org.my. Local contact service is chargeable, the fee is USD10 per domain per year;
    .name.my and Second-Level .my (Individual Type), registration is open to any individual aged 18 and above, holding a Malaysian National Registration Identity Card [NRIC] or show proof of residing in Malaysia, holding a valid passport.
    For registrant company which are registered under SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia) and Legal Professions Act 1965, registrant do not have to provide for supporting document;
    You may validate the Registrant company information via http://www.ssm-einfo.my/index.php?id=login or http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/find_a_law_firm.html
    For other type of registrants, supporting document are required to register a .MY domain name;
    Whole registration process must be complete within 14 days from the date of submission to the registry;

mentos, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  7. ahsan11223

ahsan11223 Active Member

Best Answers:
    so were you be able to buy .my domain.

ahsan11223, May 2, 2014 IP