1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Amazon Is Just So Exhausting....

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dscurlock, Apr 29, 2014.

I have about 15-20 amazon sites. I only keep up with about 10 of them. I have had them for a few months, I add content, some unique, some not, curated content, videos and so forth, and I rotate through the sites blog every few days by adding some type of content, product descriptions, reviews, etc, not only that I have been sending social bookmarks also. I keep hearing that content is king, but i see no evidence of that what-so-ever. Even though amazon stuff is hard to index, but I do not have any issues getting the blog content to index on any of the sites, but that is far as it goes; over the last few months, I can not recall any content that has sold or converted anything from any actual content being posted, and if all you do is post content, promotion and you see little to nothing from it, then you surely know how exhausting this can be for little to no gain. I am not an seo guru, not even close, but I would like my sites to work for me, not against me, and right now I feel like like a slave fighting an uphill battle, and I do not think I am winning....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    dscurlock, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  2. joescent

joescent Active Member

Best Answers:
    did you try video marketing? videos are the best way to sell amazon products.

joescent, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're probably in the wrong niche or focusing too much on the selling. Amazon products sell themselves.

Although their commission structure sucks what I love about Amazon is their products convert well (trusted brand), and since they have such a large product inventory, you can make sales on products you weren't even directly selling. If they clicked on your aff link and go on to make a sale within 24 hours you will get the commission.

Just this month I sold a $1400 laptop which got me a $25 commission (spewing it was capped it would have been much more) when I wasn't promoting the product. The site isn't even in that niche.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    dcristo, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  4. Souleclipse

Souleclipse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon is not really a good place to earn money. Their commission structure are very little. Just to promote information product , that pay out commission like 75% ..

Souleclipse, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  5. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Offering bonuses for buying from your sites are good way to boost your sales.

karmaseo, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt even know where to start....

You do not have to explain how the process works, I know how it works....
    If google did not hate my sites, then I probably could get more out of this...but it is just not practical
    to write unique content for 1000's of products across multiple stores, and I am not trying to sell mud
    to Eskimos; I am selling the same products that you find on amazon, electronics, computers, auto parts, etc....
    then again, even for the unique content that I do produce, i see nothing from...

maybe I could do this if amazon offered 25% rather then a greedy 4%....

and yes, I did sell a $400 item today....
    you cant do much on nickel and dime sales here and there....
    at this rate, may as well take me 3-5 years to recover my losses....

I thought my sites would get better and stable traffic over time....
    but no, things are worse, 3 months later, more indexing
    loss across several stores; everything has become unstable....

I agree, we get almost nothing for doing all the work....but that is water under the bridge; I am already in this neck deep sh%%^ now, investments have been made; now I am looking for a better solution for google to love me more rather then loving me less; like i said, i need the system working on my side, not stabing me in the back every time I spin around....

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    dscurlock, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Don't have stores. Have useful content sites? Something is not working so it's obvious you need to change something. I am guessing your content is weak and too sales focused.

dcristo, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  8. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    no argument concerning the weak content... from how the stores are designed,
    I can not do anything about the content other then adding content to the blog
    section, and they were designed to be amazon stores....

here is one of my stores - has not made a penny since it has been online:
    http://autotoolsmarket.com/
    25k products; 1200 indexed....
    site is going no where....

dscurlock, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  9. lucardk

lucardk Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    GSA the cr@p out of those 25k pages and hope for the best...

lucardk, May 1, 2014 IP
  10. mrchu

mrchu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lucky you! If you've had sale generated you might have been banned by amz due to ToS violation: Price is not updated/ No amz affiliate disclaimer.
    Example:
    http://autotoolsmarket.com/product/hi-intensity-domemap-led-board-w-universal-power-adapters-kit-12x0-1w-1-3-x-0-87in-white-single/
    Code (markup):
    [/code]

mrchu, May 1, 2014 IP
  11. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    The amazon disclaimer is located under terms and conditions....
    not only that, it is pretty clear if they buy from the products
    page that you can not miss the huge amazon buy button.

as for the price reflection being correct, is that even possible? I do not ever
    recall ever having any type of amazon store where I have seen 100% correct prices...
    you are right, so I will look into that more...sometimes i see correct
    prices, and other times the pricing is not correct (for whatever reason)

and there is no luck about it...if I am not making money,
    I just as well may-be banned....

update: I thought I would look at the pricing a little more, and the
    price is correct. If you look near the bottom of the amazon
    prices, you will see you can get the item for as low as $12.00
    so this particular product page is correct as pricing is concerned...
    sometimes amazon shows multiple prices, and it showed the lowest price....

Last edited: May 1, 2014
    dscurlock, May 1, 2014 IP
  12. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon is a good site to make business with. They offer so many products that you even can't choose the best one's for ANY niche! Yes, it's hard to rank your own websites, but with some good Social Media presence, Social Bookmarking backlinks and a few blog comments, forum posts, etc. you can get a few extra sales as a start... Then, just don't forget to update your website regularly! :)

patco, May 2, 2014 IP
  13. tuppence

tuppence Member

Best Answers:
    I had a look at your auto site and it has no real content and is far from user friendly, with the products page being a large clutter of links. If I owned the site I would focus on 2-3 best selling lines in fewer categories. Then get some content written about each area and link it to these best selling lines. You need to sell off some of the sites or put them on hold while you get this site sorted. Having one successful site is much better than 15-20 which make you nothing.

tuppence, May 2, 2014 IP
  14. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are saying; however i did not create/design the site, but I can give you my theory
    on what the store creator was thinking....I do not think he was ever to expect to get the world to
    show up to the page you are talking about, and be confused with link this, link that; In fact, the creator
    probably was already thinking that the product pages were not going to do very well due to the lack
    of content, and there would be no way to solve that issue with 1000's and 1000's of products, and if
    some did get indexed, then he would have considered that just to be a bonus; I think his main concern
    was setting up the blog (content that you could control) autotoolsmarket.com/blog. I think his idea was
    fairly simple, create unique content for the blog, it will surely get indexed, then over-time then the content
    from the blog will start to pull in more and more organic traffic from long tail keywords, then of course sales...

for obvious reasons, the product pages do not index well, but every blog post
    that I have created on all of my sites have indexed; I guess at this point, as
    time goes on, and the content gets older, then maybe I will see benefit from it,
    maybe my sites are still to new to do much, and I have to imagine that there are
    sites that have been up longer then I have selling the same products....

I am not 100% sure if that is what he had in mind, but that is the feeling I get. When I bought the site,
    I did sorta jumped the gun, I bought a site about auto parts, and i know nothing about auto-parts...
    and it is much harder to come up with content; I tend to stay around electronic/computer related sites...

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    dscurlock, May 3, 2014 IP
  15. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Webmaster Tools checking your site health and indexing status. If it's nothing wrong. I mean you still get traffic as normal but not convert to sale, - you should use blog to promote your product by writing organic content that relate to your goods.

Just try and see how your sales trend go look like. Then analyze and do the different method again and again. I hope you will resume your earn soon.

Michael Leng, May 3, 2014 IP
  16. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    I do post content that is directly related to that product, sometimes the content is unique, sometimes
    It is not, also post curated content along with videos related to that product. I also link back to the actual
    products page hoping when that blog gets indexed that it will also help that product page index also....
    I just do not really know how much time is to much time to spend on this.....3mo, 6mo, year....

17. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is a perfect example of a weak useless thin affiliate site that Google does its best to keep out of the search results. No searcher would be happy with it in their search results. Not surprised its going nowhere.

Agent000, May 3, 2014 IP
  18. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    me either, dup stuff has never bothered me...
    I just search until i find what I looking for....

I think what you are saying at this point is that I would be
    much better off just setting up a basic blog, toss some
    best-seller items on it, unique content, etc, and I would
    probably end up doing better then what I am now....

thanks for your help.

Last edited: May 4, 2014