1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

To my fellow bloggers

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Anjana Narayanan, Apr 27, 2014.

I have a question to my fellow bloggers. I would like to know why do you prefer Blogger rather than Wordpress etc. Thanks in advance.

Anjana Narayanan, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  2. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't.

Blogger is downright ugly and horribly limited, compared to self-hosted WP. In my entire online life, I have only ever seen two Blogger blogs that weren't so ugly it made me want to stab myself in the eyes.

The only good thing about it is that the free setup allows you to monetise.

TIEro, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    I just like Wordpress much more. Blogger is an easy place to start, but if you are going to develop your site seriously and earn money, better go for self-hosted wordpress. Blogger just lack lots of important plugins.

Karuna17, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  4. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress gives you much much much more in terms of customisable themes, add-ons, and plug-ins. Blogger is a very limited platform that doesn't let you do anything except blog, while with WordPress you can actually make yourself a pretty decent website.
    Definitely chose WP, because if your blog grows you will want to be able to customise it in the future, and with Blogger your options will be very very limited.

YJunK, Apr 28, 2014 IP
    funmom91 likes this.
  5. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Yap, buddy, it gets to the scale of a problem sometimes - people start with Blogger, cause of ease, "everyone's on Blogger" stuff, and end up looking for handy guys to transfer all that blogged content into WP :)

Karuna17, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  6. Anjana Narayanan

Anjana Narayanan Guest

Best Answers:
    Any Blogger (Blogspot.com) users here...?

Anjana Narayanan, May 1, 2014 IP
  7. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think most people ends up using WordPress as their blogging platform, at some point later on.

There are still people who will use Blogger forever and those are most of the time people who just really LOVES blogging and they got the blog to do it for fun and as a hobby first.

WordPress is mainly used by people who purposely are looking to earn money online and from a blog.

Either way, it all comes down to what you are more comfortable blogging with. That;s it lol :cool:

Cheers!

Snoopy240, May 1, 2014 IP