Which domain registrar do you use?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Card, Nov 19, 2010.

1. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, you are rather an exclusion, confirming the rule. Almost all Godaddy customers had isssues with the company at some period. The reasons why you did not are probably:
    1) you do not actually have any service with godaddy and just aded your 2 cents to the discussion in hope to earn likes you desperately need
    2) you have 1 domain/hosting service and godaddy does not bother themselves with contacting you. Usually their mass emails are sent to users with at least 10+ services.

H0stZealot, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  2. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have used many different registrars. And the one which I like the most if namecheap and godaddy. As previous users said, godaddy has problems and I can't say no to that.

the reason I like godaddy is that you can get domain names for as low as 3$ if you want to urgently register a domain name for a year. But other than that, the site is a piece of crap. They have some advanced GUI which loads slower than namecheap.com.

NameCheap on the other hand is the best if you choose to use a domain name for a long time. They give you 1 year free whois with each domain order and renewal + ssl certificates for 1.99$. The best part is you can use the whois for any domains. They have a really great live chat system.

Comparing both godaddy and namecheap, I will ask you to go to namecheap for a long term domains and godaddy if you want to buy and sell domains back. I have many domains on both of them but namecheao is the one which I prefer the most.

Sugavanas, Apr 25, 2014 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  3. bdprem.com

bdprem.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think, godaddy now expensive. All reg. have limited facilities. I am using now expressdomain.cn using this link: http://love319354.supersite.myorderbox.com/domain.php . Now some cheapest offer is: .com domain $8.60, .net $5.49, .org $5.23, . biz $4.10, .CO.IN, NET.IN, ORG.IN, GEN.IN, FIRM.IN, IND.IN $ 3.49, . asia $2.99, .in $3.59, .PW $4.49, .eu $3.84 . They accept Paypal, Moneybookers, Credit Card. All reg. is instant.

bdprem.com, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  4. kumarkunal

kumarkunal Member

Best Answers:
    I am not the only one there are many users who are happy. And coming back to your points, this discussion forum is to add your opinion, if you can't, then better you stay away and don't waste your time by posting irrelevant guesses about someone. I have least interest in sharing the info about my domain and hosting ownership with this company. I can understand your gesture as you are promoting your own hosting company so you would surely be not praising other company.
    FYI, any company around the globe involved in service based business can't have 100% satisfied customers. So you may be one of their dissatisfied customer, if you are anyhow their customer.

kumarkunal, May 2, 2014 IP
  5. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, it is just my opinion. I am no customer of Godaddy, but I sell VPS and dedicated servers to people who have their domains registered with them. Almost all of my clients had some troubles with godaddy - and after that company stole business from a legitimate owner this February (browse forums, you can find this easily) and gave it to a fraudster due to incompetent fraud check - about 50 of my clients transferred to Namecheap.

Not to mention elephant slaughter, abusing salewomen on cams (treating them like f1ckdolls, not like personalities), frustrating mass email sending with genius offers like "renew 5 domains for 5 years now and get 1 year of renewal for 1 domain free of charge". Yeah, Godaddy rocks.

H0stZealot, May 3, 2014 IP
  6. Dutch_B

Dutch_B Peon

Best Answers:
    Dutch_B, May 3, 2014 IP
  7. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I personally got all my domains on Namecheap and enjoy their service immensely, even though their affiliate system sucks dick at the moment(No tracking e.e).
    I made a little comparison a few weeks ago on some of the registrars that i recommend on my domain generator site, might be worth a look.

Helge Sverre, May 5, 2014 IP
  8. Vickramhx

Vickramhx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use HioxIndia....

Vickramhx, May 6, 2014 IP
  9. rahu_l_

rahu_l_ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I Only use Bigrock.com :)

rahu_l_, May 6, 2014 IP
  10. grahamdpa

grahamdpa Member

Best Answers:
    I use Dynadot mainly as I like their user-friendly interface. Also have loads at Godaddy and others sprinkled around Moniker and others.

grahamdpa, May 6, 2014 IP
  11. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is definitely the best, even if their prices are a bit higher.

Sam42, May 21, 2014 IP
  12. goodstudy

goodstudy Banned

Best Answers:
    Godaddy.com is the nicest, just get some coupon codes online and you can end up buying $2.99 domains, I have saved on renewals with GoDaddy.

goodstudy, May 21, 2014 IP
  13. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the point is that there is no best Registrar at all. There are two leaders - Godaddy and Namecheap. And every sharp-minded domainer just transfers their domains between these 2 Registrars during their transfer promos. I got several domains registered for a decade spending only $12 with payments of $.99 or even $.87 each couple of months. Saving on renewals? Phew, I do not even renew my domains ever. They are already registered for a decade!
    And after all they end up registered at Namecheap, as their customer support is by far better as compared to Godaddy.

H0stZealot, May 22, 2014 IP
  14. FTS!

FTS! Member

Best Answers:
    NameCheap and few others.
    Never used GoDaddy and happy about it.

FTS!, May 22, 2014 IP
  15. nkgrg

nkgrg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would like to share the top secret I found recently which gives you an entire satisfaction for sure.
    go to dealsrebates.com and sign up and discover the whole world of discounted coupons throughout the year. Sometimes, you get a domain for .99 cents.
    Unbelievable but true.
    C'mon, I am not promoting anything here for any benefits. I just thought it would help dp forum members get the right info. Otherwise, do it at your own risks.

cheers!
    nkgrg

nkgrg, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  16. TwerpyGeek

TwerpyGeek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    TwerpyGeek, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  17. vaibhav khare

vaibhav khare Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You guys can try www.hostingkafe.com for domains, hosting and server needs

vaibhav khare, Jun 19, 2014 IP