1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Problem with my Facebook page, links claim to be from untrusted source

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Ian Mutuli, Mar 31, 2014.

I don't know what's going on with Facebook lately and I'mwondering if anyone else has experienced this problem I'm having.

When i post my links to my Facebook page, well, they go out. However, when someone clicks on the links on their mobile phones, they are not taken to my website directly, instead, it brings up the page with the following statement;

Something Went wrong.
    Sorry there was a problem with this link:
    http://www.techpurge.com/blackberry-manages-keep-ryan-seacrests-typo-taking/
    You can now continue to this website, or go back to the page you were on before.
    Remember: Only follow links from sources you trust.

It then gives the fans an option to either "Go back" or "Follow link". SEE IMAGE BELOW FROM A SCREENSHOT ON MY XPERIA;
    Screenshot_2014-04-01-01-42-04[1].png

I have a feeling that the visits from my Facebook page via mobile are decreasing and basically going to zero because people cannot click on a link they have been warned on. It was not like this before and I cannot find any solution anywhere. Anybody know why this is happening please? I shall be very grateful.

Incase you want to try to visit my site and see if that happens, visit my Facebook page here via your mobile phone TECHPURGE FACEBOOK PAGE and try visiting any link, you will see what i mean.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Ian Mutuli, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  2. General Grant

General Grant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just found this post googling this subject. My traffic went from 1.1 million visitors a day, down to 50k a day, and I believe it's for this reason. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this!

General Grant, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  3. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this happened because You INTENTIONALLY or UNINTENTIONALLY spammed some people walls, or groups or pages, and more then 3 people reported the link as spam or unsafe

danyalsadd, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  4. dodonnell

dodonnell Member

Best Answers:
    @danyalsadd - if that is the case, it is at the domain level - which is fucked. Shared a brand new teespring URL, got this error when testing link on mobile device.

dodonnell, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  5. danyalsadd

Best Answers:
    as you can see, the main url (techpurge.com) is in BOLD , so its been flagged, Thats why I recommend using LINK SHORTENER while sharing any link to social networking sites espesially facebook, If you use a goo.gl or bit.ly url for this it will work fine..

6. General Grant

Best Answers:
    No, that is NOT true. It's happened to MANY MANY fanpages. I had a conference call with Simple Reach yesterday, I was assured I was NOT alone. It's facebook's new algorithm, it has NOTHING to do with spam.

General Grant, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  7. General Grant

Best Answers:
    That does not work, as many of the hits to my site are through link shorteners, it makes no difference.

8. General Grant

Best Answers:
    As the OP stated, it's ONLY with mobile traffic. If it was spam related, it would happen with desktop traffic as well.

9. danyalsadd

Best Answers:
    If you go through the fb question , You will see my question there answered by Fb SUpport , stating what I told you guys, I Dont if this happens on mobile or web version , But happened to a link of mine and I asked the question got the answer as I said above

10. General Grant

Best Answers:
    My FB page has NEVER been reported as spam. 2014-04-22_1008.png

11. dodonnell

dodonnell Member

Best Answers:
    Tend to agree with @General Grant, have tested with link public shortners, and even a short link from a brand new domain, still got the error.

You would have thought if FB thought it was genuinely spam, they would show a similar message to desktop users, right? Something funky going on.

12. dodonnell

dodonnell Member

Best Answers:
    Link?
    FB support actually answered a question!??!

13. Ian Mutuli

Ian Mutuli Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey, so i have researched for quite some time regarding this error and i found out that it only happens when you click a link from the Facebook Pages Manager, and to do that you have to be the administrator, so ideally, your fans never get this error, it's only you as an admin. If you use your browser to Facebook, then click on the link, you will see that it just takes you to the post within the browser. I wrote about this on my post at Techpurge.com.

For you who is experiencing a drop in visits to your website, the problem could actually be that you don't boost your posts with Facebook advertising. Remember Facebook is a business, and they updated their system of sharing facebook content, now for most of your fans to see your posts, you are going to have to pay for it, otherwise less than 10% of your fans will see the post.

Ian Mutuli, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  14. Ian Mutuli

Ian Mutuli Banned

Best Answers:

It's because you need to pay to boost your facebook page content, that's how Facebook works nowadays.

Ian Mutuli, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  15. OwnCircles

OwnCircles Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I found solution and working fine with my post. For more information contact on

OwnCircles, Aug 12, 2015 IP