1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Popads counting %10 of my traffic..

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by parad0x, Apr 21, 2014.

My site recieves around 14k uv everyday which are %90~ organic. Everything was going good but 2 days ago, popads started to count %10 and even lower. Did something change or am I doing something wrong? Anyone else experience the same thing? I've also mailed them but no reply for the last 24 hours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

parad0x, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  2. juerald

juerald Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should let a bit time to the support to reply to you popads is very popular and the reviews are good but the best responde for this you can get from the support they are the technical for this , i don't think they are tricking you maybe is a mistake in their server.

juerald, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  3. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are probably only going to show pops on the traffic that they have campaigns for. So its not a matter of them only counting some of your traffic, its a matter of them not filling all of it.

wrekoniz3, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  4. parad0x

parad0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using alternative code part of their ad, which popped up 400 times today. Popads showed 900 times. When you add them, you get to 1300. My unique visitors so far is 8k for today.

parad0x, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  5. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Also factor in - Pop up blockers.

6. parad0x

parad0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Come on, i was getting 8k views the previous day and visitors suddenly started to use popup blockers - and not only some of them, %90 of them for this particular site? Thats funny :)

parad0x, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  7. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    yeah you are right I didn't notice the last 2 days. Those rates suck though.

8. parad0x

parad0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rates for Turkish visitors are always low. I was cool with their rates since they were counting close to real but this must be a joke.

parad0x, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  9. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Maybe the campaigns they had for those specific geo's expired. Never know. Could be a million things.

10. w4rkr4f7

w4rkr4f7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try ask on official popads topic here https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/popads-net-official-publisher-thread.1912360/

w4rkr4f7, Apr 21, 2014 IP
    wrekoniz3 likes this.
  11. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
  12. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This issue will be fully handled over support ticket(I am sorry for slight delay there; we have small overload).

Regarding the problem, there are few options:
    - Code setup problem - for example some our publishers upgrade their script or change template and our code gets erased(from all or some subpages).
    - Code conflict - you have installed some other code that conflicts with ours.
    - Campaign availability - in case of less common combinations of traffic, for example adult traffic from Turkey from desktop, we might have very few campaigns. In such case, no ads would have been opened.

Again, we will try to find out the actual reason in the support ticket :)

tomksoft, Apr 21, 2014 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  13. parad0x

parad0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've removed the codes and will start using it if I get a decent answer over mail. Yesterday I got $1 for 12k unique visitors :/ I also think that if there isn't any campaigns for my country, alternative code should be working but in my case it doesn't.

How long will it take for you to investigate the issue?

Thank you

parad0x, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I can't really provide an ETA, as I do not know what is wrong yet.
    First of all, I would request you to reinstall the code and run our Troubleshooter tool. It is designed to detect tens of different possible problems.

tomksoft, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  15. parad0x

parad0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    I receieved the same response from support a few seconds ago "Did you run the troubleshooter tool".

Yes I did and it told me that my code is fine but it would be better if I placed it in <head> section. Well the code was always in body and I didn't had any problems. I don't think it has anything to do with being placed in head or body since it only changes the loading time (maximum 1 sec. can't explain 7.000 uncounted popups). Everytime I opened my site, popups were showing (you can't view your own ad popups) so I'm pretty sure i didn't have any problems with the code.

parad0x, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  16. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    After further checks, I am afraid the problem is that we do not have any active adult campaigns for Turkey right now.
    For non-adult websites, we have about 40 active campaigns(for TR).

Now about the alternative code - was it a JavaScript code or was it a URL?
    If it was JavaScript, it might not work in some cases. As the alternative code is printed after the page is loaded, there will be no "onload" event fired for the alternative code. If the code relies on it, it will not work.

17. parad0x

parad0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your investigation Tom, I really appriciate it. That explains a lot. I love working with popads, is there a way you can inform me when there is an active campaign for my country or when do you expect to have new campaigns running? Is this a common situation?

Thank you

parad0x, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  18. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    PopAds is mostly mainstream adnetwork(around 90% of traffic is nonadult), so for nonadult visitors, we have lots of campaigns for nearly all countries.
    For adult, it is still sometimes unstable. I am unable to tell when and if will it change. As it was working for you before, it means that there was a campaign that buying adult traffic from TR. Yet, seems like it has stopped. I do not believe it is a common situation, to be honest it is the first time someone has reported such problem.

I am afraid I won't be able to notify you, as we do not monitor adult campaigns separately. We do monitor number of campaigns per country, but for all markets. That is why I had to check this with our techs - I do not have such data in management panel.

19. parad0x

parad0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    is it possible for me to place nonadult ads on my site? :)

parad0x, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  20. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    No, sorry, our advertisers would be very unhappy about it :)