1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I have to Change my Blog Niche.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by iwebsocial, Apr 18, 2014.

Hello, fellow Forum Members, hope you all are doing great. As You all know that I am operating a webmasters blog webtalkerz.com. After trying a lots of time, I am failed to get a Adsense account. Recently I had posted this issue in Adsense help forum and most of them suggested me that the niche I have choose for my blog is highly saturated.

I have also notice that My site get lots of visitors but it converts zero, no sales at all. So, I want to know from all of Guys, Because I know that The only precise suggestion i will get is from digitalpoint forum. Kindly Tell me Should I kept it and move on or I have change the niche of my blog to make it more profitable. Waiting for your reply.

iwebsocial, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  2. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'd suggest keeping your current blog, or even outsource it for maintenance, at least until you can monetize it.

I'm sure there is a plethora of ways to monetize as AdSense isn't the only one (albeit the best). Your niche is indeed highly saturated.

Do you have a list of subscribers?

Ethan Alvin, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  3. Ryan Viola

Ryan Viola Member

Best Answers:
    Use Google analytics Goal Flow and try to find out the pages where users are existing, make changes accordingly and do not close your site.

Ryan Viola, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  4. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. Yes! Currently I have 1000+ Subscribers to my list.

iwebsocial, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  5. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why about email them your affiliate products?

The money is in the list and follow ups.
    Once you've established yourself as an authority figure, or if your subscribers know that you are genuine in providing them value, then I believe email marketing is a way to earn. But of course please promote legitimate products :) else you can earn by sending emails to your subscribers by selling solo ads.

Ethan Alvin, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  6. iwebsocial

Best Answers:
    Thanks! I will keep it in mind

iwebsocial, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  7. Karshim Kanwar

Karshim Kanwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Karshim Kanwar, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  8. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried setting up a Blogger account, then applying for Adsense using that Blogger account? I did that and got approved. Now I can use my Adsense for all my other sites.

ThisOldMan, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  9. iwebsocial

Best Answers:
    iwebsocial, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  10. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you mind shedding more light? :)

Ethan Alvin, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  11. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The idea is to get a site approved. Probably a blogspot blog. Then, once you get approved, you just add more sites and not have to go through the hassle of getting each approved. The trick is now to get that initial blog approved :D

SuperiorWD, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  12. Ethan Alvin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Haha I'm sure there are people offering to help others get their Adsense accounts approved for a fee.

Ethan Alvin, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  13. FreelancerM

FreelancerM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well there are many other ways to monetize your website instead waiting for AdSense. CPA offers, clickbank, amazon affiliate...

FreelancerM, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  14. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Trying monetizing it using something else.

Decent Amazon reviews on relevant books might be a start.

giorgioarmani, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  15. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like that idea. I think it's possible to do more than just books. Amazon has so many different types of products available. Just curious. Is there already a site dedicated to Amazon product reviews?

ThisOldMan, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  16. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Kumar

Read carefully, I'm going to drop some wisdom here.

ONE HUGE NO TO ADSENSE! In your niche (which is also mine at this moment), there is almost no potential earnings if you apply for Adsense and put their ugly ads on your website.

Why?

You will need to bring huge traffic to maybe generate couple of hundred dollars. Does it worth it? NO! You will wait for eternity to get approved and you will invest lot of time to generate traffic that will bring you some money.

Affiliate Marketing is a choice you can use to avoid Adsense on the start. However, affiliate marketing is not good on long term especially not in this niche.

Why?

You will be promoting and selling other people's products (high value) which can be hard sometimes and the worst thing is that you will have only 10% or 20% of every sold product.
    Considering design, traffic and which is most important- your relationship with your readers, I'm 99% sure that you won't be able to sell any products if you don't change something.

Try typing Neil Patel, Jon Morrow, Brian Dean and other popular bloggers in this niche and see what they are doing to generate over $50,000 every month. There is no ads on their website and they are way ahead of the competition.

What are they doing?

They established an audience. They have a great relationship with their readers, they talk and solve people's problems. After a lot of time invested into building an audience of rabid fans who will promote and buy everything they say, they have a very simple situation there. Anything they offer will be sold. Ebooks, guides, consultations, workshops....

VukasinI, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  17. iwebsocial

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestion.

iwebsocial, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  18. Dougbrun

Dougbrun Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to change your niche, just drill down and find the right keywords, low competition and high search volume. Look for keyword phrases for example, affiliate marketing for the working mom, affiliate marketing for seniors. Find the right keywords send traffic and sales will come.

Dougbrun, Apr 22, 2014 IP
  19. Steve Ducan

Steve Ducan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you don't like it no more, or it doesn't bring to you the revenue that you want, then change it !

Steve Ducan, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  20. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lets face it... Adsense sucks really hard. You need millions of people to visit your website to make a decent income out of it and even then its not reliable cause it can get demolished by the same people who are providing the service when they wipe your rankings. You are in very specific niche, so create a product, eBook, tutorials. Build a larger list and sell them products
    If you are not comfortable with creating products you can always outsource. After you have products sell them to your list and find affiliates on websites such as clickbank and JVZOO to promote them even further
    Good Luck
    Regards
    Konrad

KonRadicool, Apr 30, 2014 IP