1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

creating business site, whats best to use?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by freezee, Apr 19, 2014.

I'm in the process of creating a business site and wanted some suggestions on what to use to make it. Would you recommend I use the website building from godaddy, hostgator etc... or would you recommend I go with something simple like Wordpress or something else? I appreacite any advice!

freezee, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  2. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would vouch for Wordpress. Have done countless sites on it, both for me and my clients and it's versatile enough to accommodate a lot of niches/features.

SuperiorWD, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  3. Sharmeen

Sharmeen Member

Best Answers:
    Agree! Wordpress is the best one to go for.

Sharmeen, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  4. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to say that I would create my own website from scratch but Wordpress generates more money... sigh

ketting00, Apr 21, 2014 IP
    Vrindavan likes this.
  5. junedc

junedc Active Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress is the way to go. then look for premium template and plugins. then enable blogging so that you will have content.
    if you have content google will surely love you :)

junedc, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  6. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i hate to say this, but if this is for business, it might be better to pay for a site to be done. If its for learning, or for a hobby, for sure, try a website builder. Wordpress is quite easy to use, you do have access to a range of free to use templates, and always the option of buying premium templates.

One advantage of making a site in CMS such as wordpress, is that it is easy to add in more members, that can login to the site, so others from your work, can manage (edit, or add) pages without the original site creator having to get involved constantly.

But as I said, if it is for business, I recommend that you look into someone making a site for you. The difference might be small, but in terms that you can relate to, it would be like showing up to a meeting with a potential client in a pair of clown pants.... you might still look good, but not as professional as you might with a tailor made suit that fits you just right.

matt_62, Apr 21, 2014 IP
    Rado_ch and deathshadow like this.
  7. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    Joomla is good. A bit tougher than WordPress, but once use to it, you can do a lot of things with it.

meetdilip, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The key word here is business -- while sure, lots of businesses crap out inaccessible bloated websites using off the shelf systems like turdpress or joomla, usually these are companies who either don't actually give a **** about their web presence / content of their sites, or have taken an unrealistically optimistic view of why they should even have a website in the first place.

Turdpress is 'cute' for crappy little personal blogs where you don't give a **** if people can read it or not, what it costs to host long term, or if it has security holes the size of the USS IOWA... If you are serious about the web presence of your business, you shouldn't be using off the shelf parts slapped together any old way.

If you know nothing about it, hire someone who does... if you have the budget you might even want to hire that person part time or even full time to maintain the site for you, or to train you / your staff to maintain it properly.

If you don't have the budget for that, you're probably not a real business, or shouldn't have a website in the first place!

deathshadow, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  9. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    If you do your business offline and just want to put some info on the Web, you should make it from scratch, there is no need to use any CMS. If you need more features, WordPress can be good, but you have to buy a good template and have HTML/CSS/PHP/JS skills to modify it to look really professional. Even premium templates has bugs and flaws, so you have to know how to deal with these. For online, serious businesses, you will have to do serious job and probably pay serious money ;)

kenzo22, Apr 22, 2014 IP