1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

cluster for rendering

Discussion in 'Cluster Computing' started by tbutterfly, Oct 4, 2013.

does anyone know a cluster for rendering 3d image? what software to use?

tbutterfly, Oct 4, 2013 IP
  2. oneilonline

oneilonline Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I set this up for a customer long, long time ago for 2D and 3D rendering for movie animation. I used clustered linux servers. Google is your freind ;)

oneilonline, Jan 6, 2014 IP
  3. iMarketingGuru

iMarketingGuru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PS3 supercomputer clusters are actually the best out there but here's a wonderful build I use in scientific computing and I also rent out space on 3d rendering -- http://helmer.sfe.se/. Let me know if that helps you -- there's also the option of turning it into a research project and using the BOINC software to have people use their idle machine time on your project

iMarketingGuru, Apr 17, 2014 IP
    Equatorial likes this.
  4. Equatorial

Equatorial Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can your cluster be configured to resolve cryptpographic hashes, i.e., cryptocurrency protocols? Obviously, I'm not referring to SHA-256 or scrypt since there are far superior ASIC devices out there. I am referring to the lesser known hashes like Keccak, Grostl or CubeHash (or multiple combinations). How cost-efficient would it be? Or is it even realistic?

OP, apologies for hijacking this thread.

Equatorial, May 7, 2015 IP