1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did you ever buy products from China?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kikibear, Apr 1, 2014.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @kikibear - have you tried selling through alibaba - they are really good at promoting Chinese manufacturers.

sarahk, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Well I purchased a lot of product made in China including my Iphone, but seldom do I purchase from China, too troublesome especially you need to communicate in Chinese as most of their sales literature and also their spoken language is in Chinese. My rare purchase experiences made me feel I rather not purchase from China as they are too much of a hassle.

wisdomtool, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  3. Godkoder

Godkoder Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but normally are products of very poor quality.

Godkoder, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  4. Shezi

Shezi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes I purchased cell phone from china

Shezi, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  5. kikibear

kikibear Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard of alibaba before, and my friend recommended made-in-china.com to me. Anybody bought through this website before? Are the suppliers reliable?

kikibear, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  6. ardge25

ardge25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ordered alot from china usually from either aliexpress.com or dhgate.com never been let down so far also good if you want to sell the products on ebay and start a dropshipping business although be careful of shipping fees try to look for free shipping

ardge25, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  7. Mr Lee

Mr Lee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its best to have someone local there as an outsource to buy for you. That way you don't have to deal with negotiations of price and other issues. You can get someone for $50-60 a month to do that, assuming you aren't buying alot.

Mr Lee, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  8. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I worked 2 years with a chinese company. All went ok. We purchased from them for more than $100k. What`s important when u buy from chinese manufactures/distributors is BE CAREFUL AT THE QUALITY. First, u need to buy some products to test the quality of them. What i learned is that if the products are too cheap ( even for chinese market ), that means that the products are not good.

Jedineka, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  9. xjoshuax

xjoshuax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

International sellers using ebay state that Americans "could be subject to import tax". It's funny that I have brought multiple items from overseas and was not charged any such tax. I hope this helps someone.

God Bless

xjoshuax, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  10. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I've just bought items sold in American stores that are made in China. However, it was mostly for consumer use, not for resale.

Alyssa Lochmore, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  11. FileSaur

FileSaur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ebay only. Never had any issues. Anyway it was for personal use everytime.

FileSaur, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  12. prozeal

prozeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now a days you can just buy the discounted price rather than buying in bulk pretty much right off of ebay chinese sellers, most often than not it includes shipping and it cost the same if say you ordered 50 quantities of a small item, except you can get the same price for just buying one item off of them on ebay. Just scroll past the American sellers and you'll see what I mean.

prozeal, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  13. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have dealt with quite a few clients of mine who import items from China and all appear to be turning quite a large profit operating large scale companies now. I must say the import/export business can generate quite a bit of money in no time.

JoshDylan, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  14. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was about to but I didn't because it takes like a month to get to the U.S. plus most of the crap over there is counterfeit goods.

Dionne Taylor, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  15. jowel

jowel Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes, ist's cheap ... free shipping

jowel, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  16. jkfuturetech

jkfuturetech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I bought a Solar Universal Charger in china and its still in good working condition.

jkfuturetech, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  17. kikibear

kikibear Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point! The quality is something I'm worried about.

kikibear, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  18. kikibear

kikibear Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted a buying request on made-in-china.com and many suppliers sent me quotations. It is hard to choose. Anybody else did that before?

kikibear, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  19. Tobby888

Tobby888 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm a native chinese and currently doing exporting business . yea , selling craps all over the world , lol . There are millions of factories in china that results in so different quality , you can't image how easy to start your "home based" factory in china , so every time you complain about a crappy stuff that made in china that might be made from a shabby room filled with second hand machine hiring cheap labors working 10 hours a day , so what you expect from that kind of " factory " . BUT not everything from here are that bad , cause you know most every brand name has their factories in china . And we're famous of "counterfeit " , because that's the easiest way to get rich over night . You can't imagine that kind of profit , most like a small size drug business . For example , a A class replica LV bag , they purchased same material of genuine ones , hand making and with years of experience of workmanship , you can't tell the difference from genuine one with your bare eyes !!! that 's only for A class replica , not cheap ones . and we call it " high copy " . Guess the price ? 200-300 dollars the most , which the genuine ones mark the prices at thousands of dollars . But most of sellers will sell at replica price instead of selling at genuine price because no one gonna believe them anyway .

It's really a hard time for chinese exporting companies nowdays , lots of companies and factories been shut down because of many reasons like huge competition , over capacity , value drops of US dollars to RMB ,etc . It's really easy for us to find the "profit"between our cost price and your retail price , but we can only get the small bite of the cake . 99% of wholesalers can only have less than 10 percents , if larger orders could be 2-3percent of profit rate . But it will be much better for B2C , like aliexpress , ebay , DHgate etc . for example , the most profitable products on aliexpress , the human hair wigs . most of the buyers are black females , and you know what ? 25% of human hair wigs in united states are imported from china , most of consumers there , african american females purchase their wigs on aliexpress , as i know the profit rate is at about 10% , too low ? each sales will be at a 200-600USD , which means 20-60 USD for each order , all shipment via DHL UPS etc , not cheap and very slow courier like HK post , china post , sweden post which gonna take half month at least . For some top raking seller there , they could have hundreds of orders per day .

Well , this is my first time post a comment here , i didn't expect could be this long , too late here , gonna sleep , anyone need help just PM me

Tobby888, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  20. Hitboss

Hitboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Years ago I purchased some plastic business cards for a collection company from alibaba. At the time it was the cheapest place to find them, now they're relatively cheap on most sites. A lot of companies on there will allow you to get a sample of the finished product first (assuming you're ordering bulk). Usually it's pretty expensive since they're doing the work for one item that they may or may not sell mass quantities of. There are plenty of scammers out there on alibaba though, you just have to do a little research to find the right company.

Hitboss, Apr 21, 2014 IP