1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review our new website that helps daily tasks of active forum users

Discussion in 'Websites' started by dejaone, Apr 15, 2014.

We just launched a website that helps daily tasks of active forum users:

http://www.soengaging.com/

Feedback on design, message, and functionality are much appreciated.

Thanks

dejaone, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  2. Eddie Phillips

Eddie Phillips Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is very clean looking. The plans are a little too rich for my blood.
    The "Quick Guide" is OK, but many people would prefer a video or videos for demo.

Cheers from Eddie P

Eddie Phillips, Apr 15, 2014 IP
    dejaone likes this.
  3. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I always feel mean when I review but here goes.

Like Eddie said, the site is very clean looking....but not professional. If I were going to pay $95 a month for a service, it should appear professional and like a business. I would also expect a physical address, phone number, any accreditation and social proof before parting with that much money. You also have no SSL certificate mentioned - is your payment server secure? What payment methods do you accept?

Once you leave the Home page, there is no way to go back to it, except by clicking the back button through all the pages you just looked at.

You have no privacy policy or T&C pages.

I absolutely LOVE the name! SoEngaging is SoPerfect! :) I also think it's a great concept but you need to put a professional polish on that site.

Just my opinion. I wish you tons of luck with your new venture!

Annea, Apr 15, 2014 IP
    dejaone likes this.
  4. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Eddie, good point. We'll add a video for demo too.

dejaone, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  5. dejaone

Best Answers:
    Hi Anne, thanks for the feedback. The free plan is good enough for individual and small business. $95/month plan is for marketing agency.

User could always go back to home page by clicking SoEngaging image. Your're right. It probably makes more sense
    to have a link with anchor "Home".

dejaone, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  6. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don`t want to offend you but i just want to say that it looks like in the 90`s. Maybe the services are good, but man it`s really old design. It was like traveling back in time.
    U need to look for new or current used designes for businesses. Search on websites like themeforest for keyword "business" to see some ideas.

Jedineka, Apr 15, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. dejaone

Best Answers:
    Fashion changes over time, but the the look of tools remains the same. Do you think this line of thinking make sense? It seems most tool sites (Google, etc) use a simple and clean design.

dejaone, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  8. Jedineka

Jedineka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I`m just saying. It`s your website, your business. I just reviewit from my perspective. I wish you good luck and all the best !

Jedineka, Apr 16, 2014 IP
    dejaone likes this.
  9. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @dejaone, two of us have told you that we felt the site was not professional looking but Jedineka has a good point - it IS your website and business, so you can certainly do whatever you want with it.

I know you offer a free and an inexpensive plan but that doesn't make it any less a business site looking to do commerce and hoping to attract the big, $95 a month clients.

Re clicking the logo to go to the homepage, how would one know to do that? Then again, maybe that's my age talking. Maybe younger, techy folks know that as common knowledge.

Well, whatever you plan to do or not do, I sincerely wish you the best of luck with it. I think it's a terrific concept for a service.

Shirley

Annea, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  10. dejaone

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. Now you'll see a text "Go to SoEngaging Home" when the mouse is moved over to the logo. That's also what Google uses. On Google search result page, the only option to go back to Google home page is to click the logo.

Thanks

dejaone, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I get that you obviously like the design that you've chosen but I recommend that you look around some of the high profile sites and take some design cues from them - they haven't chosen their designs by accident.

Some key points
    • mix of serif and non serif fonts looks clunky
    • no clear boundaries for the page makes it look unfinished
    • On this page the columns and rows aren't well defined - zebra stripes would make it look so much more professional
      upload_2014-4-17_9-21-3.png
      Pages Indexed is a number so it should be right aligned, along with traffic rank
      It wasn't clear what the difference between the two links under Threads was until I read the tooltip. There may be a better way of presenting that info.
    Your concept is great, I don't know if its been done before but it's a good idea. You just need to apply a bit of spit and polish

sarahk, Apr 16, 2014 IP
    dejaone likes this.
  12. FCM

FCM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I think you are going after the wrong niche, well - I think you should change it from a forum engagement to social engagement social engagement metrics are much more powerful. You can include forums as a subset but go after social engagements, much more likely to get signups vs the earlier. I can give you some consultanting on it just send me a PM ( I do charge for consultations - it's worth it )

Design

As for the design, one word comes to mind "meh" - I say that lightly, as it could easily be improved. I would recommend adding 'Bootstrap' it will be a very easy way to almost instantly improve the aesthetics of the site. It also has a very low learning curve.

Pricing

I think your pricing is a tad-bit overpriced. I don't see many people paying what you are asking for in terms
    of pricing considering there are other tools similar for less that are established. I'm sure what you have now
    is just a starting point to give people an idea.

Tip:

As another stated take your guide and turn it into video tutorials as it will help increase conversions and trust. There are many free screen capture software that will allow you to do this - check out screen-o-matic ( I do believe it's called )

Overall

Good Job! Keep it up, I hope the best for you and your adventure, please take my advice criticism with a grain of salt. I hope what I wrote helps you on some level.

All the best

FCM, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  13. dejaone

Best Answers:
    This is the first sentence on the home page:
    • Discover threads by keywords from billions of online conversations on forum, Q&A, and social media sites.
    It does cover both social media and forums, plus Q&A sites. But the system is about online conversations and engagement. Right now, forums are the better places to engage users than social media sites. Facebook has invested hundreds of millions to improve online conversations. The landscape may change over time. Twitter is more of a broadcast system.

I'm not aware of any similar established tools. The free plan is good enough for individuals and small business.

Really appreciated you took the time to look at the system and all your suggestions are great help for improving the site. We'll fix those design issues very soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    dejaone, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  14. dejaone

Best Answers:
    Really appreciated you took the time to look at the system and all your suggestions are great help for improving the site. We've already made many changes on the design.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    dejaone, Apr 17, 2014 IP