1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How long did it take you to make your first dollar online passively?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dionne Taylor, Apr 14, 2014.

It took me about 3 months to make my first dollar through Google Adsense. How long did it take you guys?

Dionne Taylor, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  2. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I earned my 1st $ after 3 months of adding Adsense to my blog :p
    But I earned my 1st $ on SeoClerks after 7 months of making my id there and putting my ads :p I had almost forgotten seoclerks but one day I got and email CONGRATS SOMEONE BOUGHT YOUR SERVICE ;) I was pretty excited and an felt unusual happiness

danyalsadd, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  3. ArchieI91B

ArchieI91B Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I managed to get lucky with a video promoting a clickbank product. It's now the number pick on google for the keyword and it makes sales every week. That took about six months.

ArchieI91B, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  4. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    3-4 months. The key is to be consistent

kb24, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  5. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It was over 20 years ago, and my memory isn't good enough to say how long it took. I was just making web sites for fun and stumbled across money at some point. I got lucky and stumbled across enough of it that I quit my job and changed what I wanted to do with life.

Foxxy, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  6. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    So true consistency is key.

7. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    It took me a month through adsense, and I earned a few hundred dollars after that but it was never big enough to make a living of it. So I decided to focus on affiliate marketing. I have been documenting all my steps on my website and am looking forward to see how it goes in the near future
    Regards
    KonRadicool

KonRadicool, Apr 14, 2014 IP
    Dionne Taylor likes this.
  8. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are willing to tell how much are you making now?

9. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    With my new website, I only began 2 weeks ago and am starting from absolute zero. So I'm putting all my efforts in to make this website my money maker and focus 100% on building a list and affiliate marketing. My first goal is to make $10,000 in 3 months and so far it seems that it could definitely get there with the amount of people I have had coming to my website.
    Yeah so $0 from that one and a few hundred from adsense. Nothing special :)

10. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Oh and the reason why I plan on achieving that target is not because I threw a number out and hoped it would stick. I'm following a successful mentor and doing a step by step on how I began building my online empire :) lol

11. rajamanickam.a

rajamanickam.a Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I got my first dollar passive income from Google Adsense. It took around 3 months. And, additionally it took around 6 months to get adsense approval. So, ultimately it took around 9 months.

rajamanickam.a, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  12. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    6 months approval?? that is huge, how is your business fairing now?

KonRadicool, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  13. rajamanickam.a

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Now getting adsense check every month. But need to increase the traffic and revenue....
    I sold out few good potential sites thro' flippa. So, the traffic to current sites is low. Now I am planning to earn from adsense instead of selling the site itself. i-e I changed my business model from website flipping business to passive income model. Let us see how it is going...

rajamanickam.a, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  14. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    How do you get backlinks to your website, and what sort of Niche websites are you focusing on?

15. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Sounds good, I have also worked on multiple websites at a time and by doing so stopped myself from getting much up and running. I have now completely reverted to 1 website and have been spending plenty of time building backlinks. How do you use twitter to build backlinks?

16. rajamanickam.a

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I just actively engaged with various discussions on twitter, and I used to share relevant links during the discussions. Some people will specify my link in their blog posts. It will help me to get backlinks naturally.

Another approach is, I have developed a twitter application
    which will allow the users to automatically send motivational quotes to their followers. I included our web page URL along with quotes. Many people are using this app.. It helps to get traffic. I believe it will bring some backlinks also. But I need to spend some time to prevent spam users of this app. (i-e I need to manually De-activate the spam users)

KonRadicool likes this.
  17. KonRadicool

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great information, With the Twitter communities, do you just search by tags or follow other people who already post actively on the topic?
    Regards Konrad

18. RachelBlackG

RachelBlackG Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I made my first dollar 3-4 years ago through Adsense on my free blog. Sweet beginnings :)

EDIT: Sorry for long "article" :D I just had one of the "writers" moments. You don't have to read it.

I found it very difficult to stay OK with Google during the last two years. I always felt under some of their "spam hammers" although I never used any spam technique or automatically created content etc. It seems that they want to have all internet in wikipedia style (very long articles with content from encyclopedias). One of my sites have 400 articles with 250-400 words (automobile industry) and Google sends me 15 visitors per day. Almost 600 linking domains, 4 yo. Second website has 7000 videos with manually added descriptions and receives only 150 people from Google. 400 linking domains, 5yo. When I try some of my keywords I see that in Top 5 are 6 months old websites with automated content. Then my Adsense got banned and I still have no idea why. After years of being part of mainstream and adult industry I realized that it's best to have website which sells something. You can setup your own affiliate program and buy ads. Let other people to do your job and watch your ROI. If Google's strategy is to force people of being their paying customers then they are doing great job. I'm sick of search engines and being afraid of any of their "spam" updates. I am not going to make any content website anymore. Then I discovered Facebook pages. Facebook is doing the same job as Google does. They adjust everything to make more money. Last year your updates in pages could be seen by up to 10-20% of all fans. Today I am happy to reach 3% of them even with daily updates. If you want to be seen on Facebook you have to promote your posts through their sponsored posts. It's so expensive that only sites that sell something can do that. To be able to make some decent cash you really have to have many fans. I have around 1,250,000 fans in several pages, but still you never know with what Facebook comes tomorrow. It brings 500-2000 targeted clicks per day. US traffic is in top 3 geo sources. Anyway I can help you to get traffic for your website >> http://www.fiverr.com/blackgnet/post-your-ad-to-50000-facebook-fans << Don't rely just on Google anymore.

RachelBlackG, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  19. rajamanickam.a

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actually I follow various approaches including the things specified by you. I search by tags and keywords. And, follow relevant users, re-tweet/reply interesting/useful tweets. I immediately reply for any new tweets so that my name will be shown for others viewing that tweet.

20. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with Adsense is that it is a one shot deal. Affiliate programs with recurring commissions are much better for you in the long term. One of the very first affiliate programs I ever participated in was one that I promoted heavily for about a year, then did nothing, and continued to receive monthly checks for over two years after I pulled their ads. What would Adsense have given me? A few cents for clicks, that's what.

Generally speaking, if you are just driving lots of traffic to them and it is traffic that is not converting, then Adsense is the way to go. But if your traffic is actually converting to sales, especially if there are repeat sales, then you are robbing yourself by not getting a recurring commission. Just my .02

Foxxy, Apr 15, 2014 IP