1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need a long term quality content copyrighter

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by earticles, Mar 28, 2014.

Hi there,

I need a long term copywriter. I'll need like 3-4 articles/week or as per the writer thinks so. The writer can write about:

• SEO news (like what Matt Cutts did, said etc) + his personal opinion about it
    • Top 10 lists articles (eg: Top 10 SEO companies, top 10 link building techniques that work, etc)
    • best tools webmasters can use
    • describe businesses like MOZ, etc
    • Marketing related articles
    • News about huge businesses
    etc.

The articles should be written very well, proper punctuation, error free, include relevant links where they're needed, citations if needed... etc.

I am willing to pay $1,25/100 word. But don't try to cheat me with filler content.

I'd prefer someone who is native EN speaker, but not exclusively. Payment via PayPal.

To prove my legitimacy, I can pay upfront for the first few articles, but I'd rather pay as soon as an articles is sent because it's easier and the writer is motivated to write.

I don't need articles like the ones written on iwriter... where the writer has no idea about what he's writing about and he's doing it just for the money.

If I found someone really good, I can pay him more, according to his value.

You can PM me or reply to this thread.

earticles, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  2. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You are right. Don't pay me upfront. I find it more fulfilling to finish writing an article, send it off and get paid for it. I will be writing some internet-related articles in the coming week. When I have them ready, I will post the link here for you.

ThisOldMan, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  3. pamon

pamon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Writers often times get stiffed though by buyers who take the articles and run without payment. Always get paid upfront

pamon, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  4. Kenya Writer

Kenya Writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Who really said that writers at iWriter.com do not know what they are really writing about? That was quite belittling and unfair to say. I am a Premium Level Writer there and I believe there are good writers there too. And they get the best article reviews + extra tips.

Kenya Writer, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  5. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok, PM me please when done.

Have you read my thread's content!? I was saying "To prove my legitimacy, I can pay upfront for the first few articles". I look for somebody for a long term collaboration, not for someone to write me 3 non-sense loan related articles. IWriter is an option as well for those who want to write, I open this thread because I hope to find someone who really knows the SEO/Marketing niche very well. On IW almost everybody is an "expert" on every topic.

I've requested hundreds of articles on IW for many projects. You see, if someone is not specialized on a specific niche, the writing will reflect this. I need engaging content, useful etc... not articles like "10 tips to get get rich fast!" and fillers like "to sum it all up" (5 words)...

Of course, there are great writers on IW as well.

earticles, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  6. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why not? You're cheating people with the paltry rate you're paying. Fair is fair, right?

Senobia, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  7. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Cheating? How so? Now, if he offers to pay 00.10usd per word and when the article is delivered, he only pays 00.01usd per word, I would call that cheating.

And what paltry rate are you talking about? 1.25usd/100 words is 00.0125 usd per word which is a bit more than the average 00.01usd per word I see around here.

Sure, I would like to be paid 00.10usd per word, which I assume is the minimum rate you are being paid, but, hey, where I live, I can get a full meal with a drink included for just 00.50usd and I am talking about hot, freshly-cooked food not some over-rated junk that you buy at inflated prices in the supermarket.

So just writing only one article of 1000 words a week would keep me very well-fed.

ThisOldMan, Mar 29, 2014 IP
    earticles likes this.
  8. earticles

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dear Senobia,

You're not forced my anyone to write for 1.25 USD/100 word. I haven't begged you to write for me. Or even to reply to this thread. I don't even care about what you think to be very honest. You know your value, I know the market. I am a buyer, you're a seller, this thread is an open market. However, since you have your own website offering content creation services and a portfolio highlighting the articles you've written, I assume you have enough clients and a lot of work to do.

All content writing online platforms offers around $1 to a writer/100 words. You can just stay and wait for someone to offer you .06/word, I don't care, it's your choice - really. I even encourage every writer to create a weebly hosted website and state they'll write only for .06/word. Period.

If you'd be Ann Smarty, Danny Sullivan, Jim Boykin etc, maybe I'd pay you $1000/ an article. But you're not.

But don't tell me about cheating because you're funny and not in a good way. :)

It's like I'd have a budget of $100K for a house and looking for something in that price range... you come and tell me I'm cheating because I'm offering only $100k for your house, while I never ever was interested in it. You get it? :)

I am a programmer and photography is one of my hobbies, of course I'd like to charge someone $1000/a logo or $50k for a photo, but I'm not Annie Leibovitz.

Got it?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    earticles, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  9. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Although I agree with Senobia and a couple of other people who are regular posters about the rates being paid. It is getting beyond painful to see hundreds of posts punctuated with your comments about low rates. By now all of us on the forum know your opinions, you don't have to comment on every single low rate job offering.

INEEDCONTENT, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  10. Kenya Writer

Kenya Writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    okay

Kenya Writer, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  11. muthonyg

muthonyg Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi am a great writer and like the topics..did you find a writer?

muthonyg, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  12. earticles

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes I did. Thanks.

earticles, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  13. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    People who have talent and value it will recognize when they are being cheated. If you don't, I'm sorry.

Again, if that's your average and it works for you - I'm happy for you. However, some people here at DP can and do command a much higher rate and find these paltry offers laughable at best and insulting at worst.

Good luck, friend!

Senobia, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  14. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    When you make a post on a public forum, it's up for public commentary.

I've met some absolutely FABULOUS people on DP who have turned into long term (years) clients. I've also met some fabulous writers who I have mentored and given advice to, when asked. If I can make ONE person realize their talent and value it in a way that allows them to both command a higher rate and walk away from paltry offers, I'm happy. If, in the process, I do land more clients here at DP - that's just a bonus.

No, they don't.

Why? When they come directly to me via email/phone and offer more?

I'm not? *heartsink* *eyeroll*

Your offer is still bullshit.
    And so is your entire argument to the contrary.

Got that?

Senobia, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  15. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Them mute us. One click of the mouse and you NEVER, EVER have to hear us bitch and moan again!

How cool is that?

Senobia, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  16. ThisOldMan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Correction. Cheating can only occur after the fact, not before. You can only call it cheating if the buyer does not pay you as agreed beforehand. If the buyer proposes to pay you 00.01usd per 100 words, just as an example, and you agree to write for 00.01usd per 100 words, then he pays you 00.01usd per 100 words when you deliver the article, the agreement is fulfilled and there is no cheating involved.

I am very sure some people, or maybe even a lot of people, here at DP can and do command a much higher rate. However I do not laugh at people who accept much lower rates for the simple reason that when I first started I accepted rates lower than that. Besides I do not consider such offers to be insulting because it gave me the chance to take my first step into the world of making money writing online. Rather than feel insulted, I feel grateful to the buyers for giving me the opportunity to get started. Just imagine what happens if every buyer pays only top dollar and accepts only top content. What chance would a rookie writer have?

The only thing I find odd about such offers is the unrealistic expectations of the buyer. Truth be told, going by the standard of English as shown in some buyers' OP, I really doubt if they would know the difference between quality writing and a random mishmash of regurgitated phrases sprinkled generously with keywords. It would be akin to a visually-challenged person trying to appraise, say, a Rembrandt.

Or, mayhaps, they are just being over-optimistic. Like shooting for stellar content and being prepared, in worst case scenario, to accept products of lunar calibre.

My sincere apologies to the OP for having taken this thread way off-track. A million apologies, o sahib.

ThisOldMan, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  17. earticles

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Lol. Yea, of course it is. Especially when you have your own content writing website. Denotes a high grade of... wisdom.

It's so encouraging you make use of benevolence to help out people.

Everything on the internet in is payable based on the demand.

Good for you. :D

Nope, you're not. Because if you'd be, you wouldn't stay on forums telling people they're cheating being honest and telling others how much can they offer... on an open marketplace.

It is "bussshit", for you. But it's not CHEATING as you stated in another post. Your way of speaking politely is comparable with someone who sells wood. I hope you don't treat your clients this way as well. Or, you're one of those persons speaking politely and smiles only when cashing money in and when someone disagrees with you start "bullsitt"-ing.

That much I had to offer, I got tons on PMs, and I found the writer I needed. Mission completed.

Good luck with your business.

earticles, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  18. INEEDCONTENT

INEEDCONTENT Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    "Them mute us. One click of the mouse and you NEVER, EVER have to hear us bitch and moan again!

How cool is that?"
    I would but your comments are on so many hundreds of posts I can not avoid them. Do not make public comments if you don't want public responses.

INEEDCONTENT, Apr 14, 2014 IP