1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting for Torrent linked website ?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by alok88, Apr 13, 2014.

Hello everyone, I need a hosting plan best and cheap for my torrent website. It is not any actually torrent database but a torrent site which don't host any files or anything into its server. It will have simple torrent links in it. So which hosting will be good for it ?

alok88, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  2. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to rethink this. Most ISPs specifically refuse torrent files for practical reasons - P2P uses an enormous number of sockets and tremendous bandwidth compared to normal sites, and even though the torrent linking sites don't, the reputation often extends to them.

Torrent sites are also regularly shut down or barred by ISPs, plus there's the risk of being arrested. And no, it doesn't matter that you don't host the files: there's an enormous amount of pressure exerted on law enforcement agencies around the world to shut torrent sites, even though they're not necessarily strictly illegal.

If you're getting into this to make some easy money off traffic, I would suggest you try something else: the potential for an enormous amount of hassle is much, much greater than with other sites. If you want to do it out of love or for some other deep-seated reason, then obviously that's a different matter.

TIEro, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  3. alok88

alok88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Tiero thnx fr the reply. I also want to let you know that what kind of site I am willing to start here are 2 sites as examples "http://freemoviestorrents.com/adventure/the-secret-life-of-walter-mitty-2013.html" and "http://torrentbutler.eu/106646-the-wolf-of-wall-street".

I am going to use torrent links as simple external links in my website too just like these two websites are using and they are doing it pretty good you can see that. So tell me now should I still rethink it or is there anything else I can try just suggest me I would love to hear.

Thanks

alok88, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    No matter how pretty it looks, it's still in that grey, hazy area between legal and illegal. The downloads are illegal, as I am sure you are aware, so you're effectively advertising and promoting crime, even though you're not participating actively in it yourself (yet - I'm sure the MPAA and others will continue to wield their considerable influence in that direction).

It's a personal choice: I wouldn't do it, simply because the potential for trouble is enormous and the probability of difficulties far too close to a certainty. But if it's what you want to do, go ahead. Just don't be surprised when you get pounded with legal issues, cease and desist orders and DMCAs (whether legitimate or not).

TIEro, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  5. smiticooltech

smiticooltech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    based on traffic if you have high traffic i recommend you to by vps

smiticooltech, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  6. jackdolphin89

jackdolphin89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even with VPS, your account may still be suspend if you violate DMCA

jackdolphin89, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  7. ahmedjadoon

ahmedjadoon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should be looking for a VPS; an offshore one as I can't say if Torrents are legal or not.

ahmedjadoon, May 1, 2014 IP
  8. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When you're niche is on the edge of illegal, I would ask myself this question:
    "Do I know what the fuck i'm doing?"

Running a torrent site is way more complicated than simply buying offshore hosting and installing a script.
    There are legal implications, constant ISP trouble and you will most likely be hunted down by every god damned movie studio in the world.

Is it worth it and do you have the time?

Helge Sverre, May 2, 2014 IP
  9. suraj4u

suraj4u Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can get some offshore VPS

suraj4u, May 7, 2014 IP
  10. kambone

kambone Peon

Best Answers:
    Offshore is your way to go. Also - Sweden!
    The pirate bay is sitting comfortably in Sweden and it is untouchable. But they have a good legal team.

You may also go to lowendbox and see for an offshore VPS who is torrent tolerant.
    There is a thread there for "shady" projects.

kambone, May 8, 2014 IP