1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Delete all crawl Errors of your WordPress blog within 10mins!!!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Rafiul Islam Tanik, Mar 28, 2014.

All we know about crawl errors, these are very harmful and not healthy for SEO. For a reason, I created 720+ crawl errors. I checked them on Webmaster tool and it was really harder job to delete them one by one.
    I found this idea from my cousin and this is really easy way to delete all crawl errors within 10mins. Follow below steps:

1) log into your wordpress blog and open 404.php page in order to edit this.
    2) Paste below code. (change your domain name with "mydomain(dot)com") Make sure, where you are pasting these codes. Don't dismiss any code.

BSPNF_redirect

= setTimeout(function() {location.href="http://mydomain.com"}, 0);
    Code (markup):
    3) Now go to your Google Webmaster tool and mark all crawl errors as fixed. check it next day.

Hopefully, this should help those people who are suffering for this problem.

Rafiul Islam Tanik, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  2. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Umm, setting your 404 page to redirect to the homepage isn't a solution: it's a very bad workaround that just ignores the problem of broken links. You'd be better off looking at the crawl errors and actually fixing them!

TIEro, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  3. winnerdomains

winnerdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Creates a very bad UX, because a user clicks a link expecting one thing and is redirected to the home page.

So after you do this and mark all crawl errors as fix, be sure to go to Google Analytics and look at your ridiculously high bounce rate.

winnerdomains, Apr 12, 2014 IP
    TIEro likes this.
  4. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    It's just a half-measure. I use BrokenLinks checker plugin to find the broken links.
    The problem with it is that it preumably "can put a lot of strain on your WordPress database and slow down your site". But I personally didn't notice anything

Karuna17, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  5. bpshbp

bpshbp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ya i also feel manually fixing is headache

bpshbp, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  6. Areesha Noor

Areesha Noor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We can only fix these type of error from Google webmaster tool.

Areesha Noor, Apr 16, 2014 IP