1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disqus Universal Code Not Verifying

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sport302, Apr 11, 2014.

Just curious if anyone knows why the basic universal Disqus code will not verify properly.

The comment section shows up on my website and is working properly, but when I click on the "Verify Installation" button on my Disqus admin I get the following message:

"It doesn't appear that Disqus has been properly installed."

Any thoughts??? Just seems odd that it appears to be working just fine on my website, but won't verify on Disqus.

sport302, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have you modified their JS in ANY way? I've been playing with it (for a current project that launches soon) and they're DAMNED picky about where you place the script, if you keep stuff together, and so forth.

Annoying since the code they provide to include it could use a good deal of improvement and cleanup. Makes me wonder how bad their code is under the hood. (I've not dug that deep yet)

deathshadow, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  3. sport302

sport302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, I copied it exactly how they had it on my Disqus admin install section.

sport302, Apr 11, 2014 IP