1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Communication styles around the world

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Apr 11, 2014.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    qwikad.com, Apr 11, 2014 IP
    GFX2 and jrbiz like this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for putting this up. It was really interesting.

I am an American but I do not negotiate in the manner suggested in the diagram. That does not mean that I represent the way most Americans negotiate, of course. The fact is, in most cases for me, I am involved in "negotiations" with multiple stakeholders in an organization. The IT folks want their pound of flesh, the finance people have their needs, the purchasing people need to put their imprint on the deal, etc. Negotiating with a network manager is much different from negotiating with an accountant or with a project manager. But, in most cases, there are no theatrics as described in the above model. Business is business. It either works or it doesn't. No need for gnashing of teeth nor baring of fangs.

I suppose it might accurately describe the antics that go on in used car sales lots around the country, however.

jrbiz, Apr 11, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to say that there are and there will always be individuals that don't fit to this frame, but really interesting article, and definitely will print this at a larger size so I can keep it somwhere near, on a wall near my PC for example.

Thanks!

GFX2, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  4. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Australian one is pretty accurate.
    When visiting clients, they nearly always offer me a cup of tea. I can't stand it.

Kerosene, Apr 16, 2014 IP
    GFX2 likes this.
  5. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good article to know the Communication Patterns around the Globe.
    I believe that this kind of presentation is possible only when you have a common spoken language in the world.

Because in a country like India, where there are 28+ states and each state is having a different language, so is it possible to draw the same chart?

janinaherz, Jul 5, 2014 IP