1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR is important or Alexa Ranking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seo-free, Aug 6, 2009.

1. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    pr is important bcoz its have some logic to assign page rank while alexa no logic how they give rank.

newlogo, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  2. divengrabber

divengrabber Peon

Best Answers:
    obviously pr is the most important then alexa.

divengrabber, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  3. seolinkseller

seolinkseller Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are important when you selling backlinks. but if you in business that need conversion such as affiliate, adsense and selling stuff real traffic is the only thing you need.

seolinkseller, Jun 23, 2012 IP
  4. RankMasterElite

RankMasterElite Member

Best Answers:
    PR is more important than Alexa ranking

RankMasterElite, Jun 26, 2012 IP
  5. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Actual PR is (what you don't see) and toolbar PR is a useless as Alexa rank.

SearchBliss, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  6. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BOTH of them are NOT a factor!!! You can have PR7 with NO sales from it or a website in top 10,000 in Alexa with the same results... A much more important factor is your SERP (position in SE's!) Don't pay attention to both your PR or Alexa, but work on getting more QUALITY backlinks! ;)

patco, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  7. msg65

msg65 Peon

Best Answers:
    With quality backlinks and good content you will get PR and PA(page authority). I think PA is becoming more important than PR, but real visitors is what you want!!

msg65, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  8. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    PR is more useful, but neither are too important.

ash1ey82, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  9. maddy.n

maddy.n Active Member

Best Answers:
    See,
    Alexa will give the rank from the basis of monthly traffic, not depending on any other quality criteria's except traffic , alexa will consider only traffic , so depends on the monthly traffic it will give the rank, if you have a very good traffic for your website you will get good alexa rank, no traffic means alexa rank goes high.

But PR is dependents on many criteria like quality of the site, domain age, quality back links, unique content,popularity, good traffic and other factors. so PR will consider these factors to give rank,if you want get PR for the website you have to concentrate all above points.

PR shows quality of the website but alexa rank shows only traffic of the website, try to get PR for the website, nothing will get from alexa except alexa back links.

maddy.n, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  10. mehak puri

mehak puri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Alexa Rank better then Google PR.
    Because PR depends on age of your domain while Alexa depends upon your website traffic .

mehak puri, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  11. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, PR is a good thing but I can't trust on Alexa as I have seen that the people just getting Alexa pro service and their ranking just boosted up ! people are also manipulating Alexa just by installing the Alexa toolbar and simply visiting it just twice and thrice a day !

John Dave, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  12. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I guess I would have to say PR, because that determines how you show up in Google and, thus, how much traffic you get to your site from searches.
    That's my two cents.

YJunK, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  13. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    The google page rank or alexa rank ?? to much big question ... SEE
    The moto of the each and every website is getting relevant traffic and well page rank from search engines. Each and every day we are collecting more SEO techniques and statergies. The important thing according to we is Google page rank and Alexa rank of our website.
    Google page rank -- After Larry page (CEO of Google) it named as page rank. This algorithm is used to count importance of web pages not the website. and it depends upon the how many backlinks supporting to the web page. 0- 10 is the google page rank. 0 is the lowest & 10 is highest. for web page.

Alexa rank -- Its the website which gives the ranking to the websites over world. Alexa depends upon the domian. Alexa ranking calculation is page views and number of the daily avg visitors to the domain. means the domain which get high traffic & page view will get 1 page rank and counting goes ahead.

Google page rank uses the concept of SEO but alexa not. Having high backlinks helps the webpage perform better on search engine. And traffic shows the liking of the website worldwide.

Success of website id depends on both page rank and alexa rank we cant choose one. So concentrate on getting low alexa rank and high page rank.

My Property Stores, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  14. CrazyBuddy

CrazyBuddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Neither PR nor Alexa ranking is important
    The one thing which is important is backlink profile you should have more quality backlinks than your competitor .

CrazyBuddy, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  15. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    Both are Important PR considered your Backlink and Give you PR out of 10, Alexa Ranking considered Traffic of your website when your website will get good traffic your Alexa rank automatically update, See the Alexa Rank of Google is 1..

Hope your understood!

scottgerri, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  16. aurobindosahoo

aurobindosahoo Member

Best Answers:
    I think booth are important. But if you compare with them then Alexa ranking is good for websites.

aurobindosahoo, Apr 11, 2014 IP