1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO has become more challenging in 2014

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sonika Dhaliwal, Apr 9, 2014.

Hi All,

From my point of view, the SEO trends have been changing with time. Earlier, article submission to various directories gave a lot of back links to website/business. Guest posting has recently seen a tough time with Matt Cut's announcements. Nowadays, Content marketing has taken the first place which will give better rankings on major search engines like Google.

We all know that Google emphasizes on quality content more than anything else. It's in a process of filtering all the websites/blogs which are meant for link selling only. Businesses and web owners may face a sudden decline in traffic but with quality SEO, they all will evolve again.

Sonika Dhaliwal, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  2. vishal verma

vishal verma Active Member

Best Answers:
    all google wants is "Create content for Users not for Search engine"

vishal verma, Apr 9, 2014 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  3. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO gets HARDER every year, that's why it is not a focus of mine anymore.

Dionne Taylor, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  4. imrizk

imrizk Active Member

Best Answers:
    it gets harder because there is a lot of competition and evolution, but you can say that about anything, the fact is that the people that cant adapt to the changes drop out of the race, and not just in seo.

imrizk, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  5. cell4review

cell4review Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am not an SEO expert , But I think Blackhat seo guys are a main reason . I might be wrong .

cell4review, Apr 9, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is actually a fair assessment of things. I would add that if you are having problems, you were doing stuff entirely wrong in the first place.

I have quite literally not changed a thing in 6 years. How I "define" what it is that I do seems to change every 6 months or so as folks like moz change some industry vocabulary, though.

just thinking out loud,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Apr 9, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and Jim4767 like this.
  7. HeinrichM

HeinrichM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that some of the basics of SEO will remain important. Unique content has always played a key role in SEO. Some of the factors will change and evolve as one can expect. What do you think of sites like seoclerks.com? Is it a site that one can use to sell your SEO services? I have not tried it before and would appreciate your feedback.

HeinrichM, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  8. SEOArbiterJoanne

SEOArbiterJoanne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO is constantly evolving so doing things that worked 6 months ago may not today.

I think the most important thing to do is to keep testing on sites that are not overly important to you. See how different things react and keep trying to stay ahead of the curve.

Obviously you should also stay away from a lot of the toxic types of popular links that don't do much more than pollute the Internet, too.

SEOArbiterJoanne, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  9. deepakbhai

deepakbhai Peon

Best Answers:
    now a day Google algorithm is changed for seo

deepakbhai, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  10. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The changes in the Google algorithm actually benefited my style of site building. I'm doing better now with SEO than I ever have. I have more unique visitors in the past month than I ever have in seven years of doing this. It all really depends on your style. As a content creator, this works well for me.

JackSeal, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  11. johnhalsell

johnhalsell Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dionne Taylor,
    I think Google gets harder and people are feeling SEO gets harder. I would say take SEO as easy and do such kind of things on website which user wants and you feel SEO gets easy.

johnhalsell, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  12. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays SEO becomes very popular and every business owner want to sell it's own products on Internet, So many tricks are closed by Google. Content is play main role in SEO industry. Try to learn new tricks..

SEO is good for website Health..

scottgerri, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  13. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please stop making things up. Using some snowboard dudes image does not make gibberish accurate.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Apr 10, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  14. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    what you want to say?

scottgerri, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  15. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    He's just another spamtard Indian pretending to be from the good ole USA....
    He's telling you stop posting pointless crap, why are you pretending to be an American, are you ashamed of where you're really from?

malky66, Apr 10, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  16. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. this place is making me crazy lately. I have officially had it with linkwheel peddling fuktards.
    I am running around 5 SEO clients currently. They all have hired someone from the services section here or freelancer for instance before hiring me.

I frankly do not have the vocabulary to sum up how entirely fucked up shit is out of the gate. Its 5am where I am currently. I work from home. I don't have to get up for anyone and I literally cant sleep these days because I am too busy polishing people's turds.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Nigel Lew, Apr 10, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  17. vivek.baghel

vivek.baghel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Off Course SEO has been being challenging. Everything is going to update so why should Google be backward & Now Google has become very smart. There is just one meaning of This Google smartness is "Quality" ! Google Just love quality work. If we talk about previous activities of SEO Off Page so it was really easy to work & Webmaster used to get their website ranking But now Google is smart, Now Google Just love only quality work so due this reason SEO has became more Challenging..

vivek.baghel, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  18. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, you rightly said. SEO is going to be more challenging this year. Google, the creator of SEO, has made it more and more challenging with all its recent algorithm updates. now it has targeted the content of your website and also given a red eye to guest blog posting. there is also Penguin update expected in a short time too.

My Property Stores, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  19. aurobindosahoo

aurobindosahoo Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is not harder in 2014. SEO process is changed little bit with implementing the SE algorithms. Those were being doing blackhat SEO work, they are left by SEs.

aurobindosahoo, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  20. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's just hard for some people to adapt to changes.

JackSeal, Apr 11, 2014 IP