1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to position a website 2014

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by joliett89, Apr 11, 2014.

I have not been working on seo for a while, and I would like to find out what would be the best way to position a website as of now.

1) I have a domain name, which is a keyword that I want to rank for
    2) I know that Google Keyword Tool is no longer available, what else can I use (do you use) instead?
    3) I am going to use Market Samurai for competition research
    4) I am going to find the best free tool to check backlinks (can you recommend which one?)

Do you have any other / better ideas on what I should do?

Thank you.

joliett89, Apr 11, 2014 IP
    Fervil VOn likes this.
  2. aurobindosahoo

aurobindosahoo Member

Best Answers:
    Work simple SEO with no black hat SEO techniques and with feed new unique quality content is more important SEO. Because in 2014 more number of website are rank down by Google Hummingbird algorithm. So be carefully to post articles and blogs.

aurobindosahoo, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  3. Tom_WebostingUK LTD

Tom_WebostingUK LTD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Many things have changed in SEO after Google updates like Panda, Penguin and HummingBird. The best part to promote now is website content. Guest blogging and social bookmarking can also be good to generate backlinks for website.

Tom_WebostingUK LTD, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  4. joliett89

joliett89 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've done some research and I am going to do the following:
    1) Research keywords with:
    - AdWords Keyword Planner
    - Wordtracker
    - Keyword Cloud tools (I've never tried it, but I read about it on the Internet)
    2) Check SEO competition with Market Samurai
    3) Find best free backlink checking tools, and use them to find sources of backlinks that I could use. I am going to use different anchor text (possibly 3 - 4 variations, 40% - main keyword, 30% the other too)

Does this sound like a good plan? Would you make any changes / modifications to that?

Thank you.

joliett89, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  5. Fervil VOn

Fervil VOn Member

Best Answers:
    1.) Google already lessened the value of having EMD (exact match domains). It would still become a factor in ranking but there are other major factors to consider. Some good examples would be proper onpage seo and solid backlinks (relevant and high quality).

2.) Google Keyword Tool was just replaced with Google Keyword Planner. Not totally unavailable I think. Just log-in your Adwords account and check the tools section, you will find it there.

3.) That's good. Market Samurai is a very good tool not only in keyword research but to find out the stats of your competitors.

4.) You can use Opensiteexplorer.org, Majestic SEO and Ahrefs to check backlinks. You can also go to backlinkwatch.com and place the URL of the site you want to check.

Find out some good tips about link building and ranking websites. I've made a guide myself, if you want to see it you can visit here.

Fervil VOn, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  6. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's the same as in 2013. With a lot of hard work for good keywords, new SEO strategies to follow btw, forget about Article marketing and spammy backlinks, concentrate more on only a FEW, but QUALITY backlinks and of course FRESH and UNIQUE content! :)

patco, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  7. Fervil VOn

Fervil VOn Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is a "part of link building". I personally think it can help improve your ranking. What if you have this "best 100 ideas about (niche)" article and none in the internet have that kind and then you publish it on your site? What happens next is you reach out to other bloggers/webmasters about your article so they can use it as reference/guide and in return they give you a link ... and that's a good example of article marketing right?

On an another note: The purpose of creating fresh and unique content is to make your visitors be happy and contented with the information you gave them when they actually clicked on your page in the searches. Thousands of webmasters produce unique and fresh content daily, yes, but not all of them are getting good position in their favored key terms. In order to get on top of the search results, one must need to design a powerful link building strategy, and that's acquiring quality links for sure.

I think that's the essence... building a great content (to ready your page/site to visitors) and build quality backlinks (push site to first page).

Fervil VOn, Apr 14, 2014 IP