1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help regarding website speed

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by VukasinI, Apr 7, 2014.

Hi dear DP-ers

I will be really quick. It seems that my website: http://www.marketingfist.com/ loads really slow. Could you take a look and tell me what do you think and if it loads really slow what would be your solution and what is causing it?

I'm using iPage web hosting and I installed premium theme called Bucket I purchased on ThemeForest. I installed W3 Total Cache, WP Optimize and Asyncronous Javascript plugins to speed things up but nothing seems to help.

I've also increased memory limit.

Please, advise!

DP: I'm sorry for including link to my website in the thread. I hope it won't be considered as any kind of self promotion, I just want honest piece of advise and a bit of help.

Thanks!

VukasinI, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  2. D.O.Beast

D.O.Beast Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know of someone on this forum who will tell you everything you need to know. @deathshadow. Just go to his profile and see what he says about other websites running all these things. It will be eye-opening.

D.O.Beast, Apr 7, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You rang....

Before we even TALK speed, the page has accessibiltiy issues. The high alternating contrasts between black and white ups the accessibility minimums for color contrasts to around 65% minimum and 80% ideal -- your dark grey in the header and light grey in the body isn't meeting that making the page hard to read. Likewise the use of serif fonts on screen is NEVER a good thing.

Under the hood the page is filled with HTML5-tard bloat, from the stupid malfing idiotic "let's wrap the HTML tag in a half dozen IE CC's" crap Paul Irish came up with, to a whole bunch of META that NOTHING gives a flying purple fish about, to HTML 5's pointlessly redundant code bloat like HEADER, NAV, SECTION etc.

Worse than that though is the endless static CSS inlined in the markup (kiss caching goodbye), static scripting in the markup (on a page that reeks of "JS for nothing")...

But worst of all is that it's turdpress; so you end up with the absolute halfwit trash they try to shove down your throat and have the massive set of brass to call markup. See the endless pointless idiotic halfwit dumbass {string of nastier expletives omitted} classes for nothing.

If you don't know what's wrong with this:
    <li id="menu-item-380" class="menu-item menu-item-type-taxonomy menu-item-object-category menu-item-380">
    Code (markup):
    You probably shouldn't have a website if you care about speed, ease of maintenance, etc, etc...

... and that's just the markup, which works out to an ungodly 38k of bloated trash to deliver 1.1k of plaintext and nothing I'd even be treating as a content image.

... and markup is just the tip of the iceberg. It's 990k in 37 files. The massively ridiculous 484k of javascript in 22 files is probably 90%+ of your load time! Much less with no real media targets there's no excuse to have more than two CSS files, where you have nine of them totalling 404k! There is NO excuse for ANY simple site like this to have more than 48k of CSS, and realistically 24k would be realistic.

OF course, this:
    http://www.marketingfist.com/wp-content/themes/bucket/theme-content/css/style.css?ver=201403292250

Is the most idiotic pile of manure I've ever seen. Of course, someone's name is attached to it who by default seems to want every website to be a bloated train wreck of crap. I don't know where this "inuit.css" manure comes from, but whoever's behind it needs a good swift kick in the junk.

Even worse (wait, it gets WORSE) your server isn't serving any of your files compressed. gzip compression (aka mod_deflate) is kind-of a must-have in this age of hosting, and would slightly alleviate some of the problems. Even so, the bottom line is you are wasting 990k in 37 files to deliver 1.1k of plaintext and no real content images -- that's quite easily twenty times the total filesizes and five times as many files as should be necessary for such a simple page.

Though with that steaming pile of manure known as turdpress in the mix, good luck fixing it. There's a reason I don't believe in off the shelf templates and off the shelf CMS -- the result is most always a slow loading train wreck of ineptitude.

deathshadow, Apr 7, 2014 IP
    D.O.Beast and VukasinI like this.
  4. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion the theme is a mess and poorly written. There are a few things you can do to improve the page load, you can get some instructions if you follow the links from the test here: http://www.webpagetest.org/result/140407_NB_KXJ/

But I would first give some consideration to finding a new theme.

Also there are 20 or so separate javascript files. I don't think you need all that complication on one page.

RobinInTexas, Apr 7, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  5. prajayblogger

prajayblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hi VukasinI,

I viewed your site http://www.marketingfist.com/ and yes! its seems like your site structs with something.

I think its better for you to analysis your sites report in developers.google.com, please visit the below mentioned URL which tells you a lot about your site's bug..

http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http://www.marketingfist.com/&tab=desktop

And you have the solution to fix those bugs in that link too, hopping that it will be your perfect solution..

Thanks! :cool:

prajayblogger, Apr 7, 2014 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  6. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate your comments. I managed to speed it up a bit and I'm still working to fix it.

@deathshadow I'd be really happy if you would help me in solving some of this issues. You seem to have lot of knowledge about this so if you decide to give me a help, you can PM me.

I'd love to make something from this project. I'm good in Marketing but I have no coding knowledge.

VukasinI, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  7. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend for a CDN service such as incapsula or cloudflare to speed your website and block spammer , bots making your website slow.
    Add your domins with CDN providers. Then you need to change your domain nameservers provided by above CDN providers. You can even increase the browser cache limit. To decrease load on server for repeated requests. For example :
    Paste the below lines to your .htaccess file.

ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType image/gif "now plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/png "now plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "now plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "now plus 1 month"

For information visit : https://support.tigertech.net/increase-caching

AlphaNine_Vini, Apr 8, 2014 IP