1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Google Plus clone available ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by meetdilip, Apr 2, 2014.

I guess, with time Google + is getting better and better. Have anyone of you came across a G+ clone which is decent enough to use ?

meetdilip, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. Socialseo

Socialseo Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't and Google Plus is unique in it's connection to Gmail. It is a quite simple site with basic news feed.

Socialseo, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone tried to clone a Google site, Google would probably kill them in the search rankings. :rolleyes:

danasurvey, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  4. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess people are bored with FB clones and from my search (including Bing ;) ) yielded not result for other alternative. phpFox, Oxwall, Dolphin etc are good but not enough to build a good social network. Though the notification is on Gmail, I guess a Facebook clone with G+ skin will be a good idea.

meetdilip, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. Socialseo

Socialseo Member

Best Answers:
    I would def stay away from that myself

Socialseo, Apr 2, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. howarddavidson

howarddavidson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    what would be the point of using a g+ clone? If no one uses it, there's little value.

howarddavidson, Apr 5, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with most clone scripts is that they almost never work the way you expect and most have major security problems. Take Oxwall, for instance. This social network script is designed to function much like Facebook and even has a Facebook theme. The problem, however, is in the security. Even with serious modification, you will not be able to stop the spam accounts from being set up and bombarding your members with annoying spam emails. Then there is the danger of your site being hacked because, with all the vulnerabilities, hackers are drawn to Oxwall like a buzzard to road kill.

Most clone scripts are developed by amateur programmers who do not have enough coding knowledge to actually work for a reputable development company. So they develop bug-ridden CMSs designed to emulate other popular websites and sell them to folks like you.

If that is not enough to convince you to stop this madness, consider this: Google +, like other popular social network platforms, became popular because they were original, or had something to offer that other similar sites did not. There is no way you can imitate their success with a clone that will most certainly be inferior and have nothing new or original to offer.

Jameyson MacDonald, Apr 5, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  8. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't stop laughing. :D

Foxxy, Apr 5, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  9. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A clone that
    - manages contact information / calendar functionality
    - rights management with docs (circles access for using gdocs)
    - integrates complete results in AI form on my mobile with google now
    - delivers demographic data to tools like adwords
    - have automatic management of certain content types like pictures

just to name a few? G+ is not "just another facebook page" but many many more things beneath the surface.

nixande, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  10. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to Google it is just a tool to track your habits so that your consumer profile can be sold to advertising agencies....nothing more, nothing less.

Foxxy, Apr 20, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @danasurvey Hmmm yes ofcause google will hit google plus clone Because everyone hates his competitors :D :D ;) I think its bad Idea if you are planing to create the G+ clone. Now days everyone want changes user can get all things on G+ then why they move on clone, So be creative and be different.

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 21, 2014 IP