1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you get new clients?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by shaunie, Apr 1, 2014.

Hi,

I am interested in how people are getting new clients for their business. I am putting together a course based on this and would hugely grateful if you could take the time to fill out this short questionnaire - https://www.formstack.com/forms/?1715832-b0pBnNjhy1

Many thanks

shaunie, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to clarify your post: you are looking for "freelancers" who wish to acquire new clients. All businesses, including multinational corporations employing thousands of salespeople want to acquire new clients and your survey clearly is focused on freelancers only.

jrbiz, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  3. dedideals

dedideals Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of clients or just any business at all?

dedideals, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  4. shaunie

shaunie Peon

Best Answers:
    Apologies, yes I was looking for feedback from freelancers, sorry for any confusion caused...

shaunie, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. shaunie

shaunie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply, I am interested in how freelancers are getting new business and clients in general

shaunie, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  6. Elvis Wong

Elvis Wong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Give a shot at the paigham software but it's really for advanced users tho.

Elvis Wong, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  7. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to get clients for your business, is by giving over the top value to your clients. The idea is to be a problem solver in their lives.
    If you can somebody's problems. You are a winner.

Gianni Palazzo, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  8. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I mostly just use LinkedIn and direct email. I will find people that I think I can provide something of value to, and then I will present them with an idea of what I would like to offer. They will either accept or they will not. Simply be polite to any rejections (don't take it personally) and check back with them at a later date.

Foxxy, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  9. QuickLance Designs

QuickLance Designs Peon

Best Answers:
    Well said.

What kind of product are you offering anyway?

QuickLance Designs, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  10. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Various things over the years. I took the last year off to work on a special project and am just getting back into things, but what I generally try to work towards is putting together a radio show. You can buy airtime at affordable prices (even free at some stations), so I try to sell sponsorships to cover everything. It's honestly not an easy sell and I have to go through a lot of places to find the ones that I work with. Biggest challenge is simply timing. Small companies don't always like anything outside of their local market, and large companies put together their ad campaigns 6-8 months in advance. Patience is definitely required.

Foxxy, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is really interesting. Can you provide a bit more detail about the types of radio shows you produce, whom you target for sponsorships, etc.? For example, one of the companies that I advise provides Telecom and IT solutions to their local/regional market. Basically, they install and manage telephone systems and networks for businesses. This can be with actual hardware or via the Cloud. There are some interesting current issues in this space, including saving costs with IP phones and also the looming WinXP security issues facing small businesses. I am thinking of developing a local/regional PR campaign for them and I had not really considered a radio show. Would something like what you do work for them?

jrbiz, Apr 6, 2014 IP