1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress - How to install this theme?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by dieorfly, Apr 2, 2014.

Hello, I am trying to install this theme http://wordpress.org/themes/smpl-skeleton however once the theme is activated I am not able to find out how to make this theme look like on the demo. I believe it has something to do with the child theme (?) but I do not know how to set it up correctly.

Any idea or help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

dieorfly, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. pixeling

pixeling Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    cannot look like in demo without same content. is a very basic theme. once you install it, start to make the content. for menu, use the custom menu (appearance / menu).

regards

pixeling, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  3. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you have cpanel or other related hosting - they have inbuilt scripts for installation - try from there - you could get to the demo page as you want to...

Hope this helps...

infogle, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  4. incrediable

incrediable Active Member

Best Answers:
    All replies are wrong.. let me tell you the easiest thing..

Download the .XML file and upload it via wordpress importer.. and your website will look like demo..

P.S. you can download this file from the owner of this theme website.

incrediable, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  5. dieorfly

dieorfly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your suggestion. However I am struggling to find the .XML file for this theme could you please give me a better clue where to find it please?

dieorfly, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  6. bhuthecoder

bhuthecoder Member

Best Answers:
    You need to buy sample xml file from them it is not free, more info on their site @ http://tomarrington.com/skeleton-free-wordpress-theme/

If you don't want to buy then follow my previous comment.

bhuthecoder, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  7. - jeff -

- jeff - Member

Best Answers:
    Child themes are in addition to the main themes.. but they both look the same. You would generally just upload a child theme in the same directory as the main theme. Activate the main one first.. and then the child theme. Then.. make coding changes (if you do any at all) to your child theme only. If you want me to help make it look like the demo, make me a login and send it to me. I've been a web developer a long time.. and done a whole lotta' wordress. :)
    Kind regards.

- jeff -, Apr 4, 2014 IP
    dieorfly likes this.