1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying British content writer required $4 for 250-300 word articles

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by jbstrong, Apr 2, 2014.

I have an ongoing requirement over the next few months for a UK writer to write 250-300 word product descriptions for which I can pay $4 each each.

I will give you a trial article to write, and if it is satisfactory can send you further batches of 10 to 20 at a time (payment on completion).

Please PM me for further details (do not PM unless you are from the UK!)

jbstrong, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry but I just cannot resist asking a stupid question. Do you want quality content or are you trying to reduce the unemployment situation in the UK by insisting on getting writers who are from the UK?

Truth be told, just being born, bred and residing in the UK does not guarantee any kind of quality where English is concerned. Myself, I am neither born nor bred nor residing in the UK. Is my English really inferior to any native English speaker?

ThisOldMan, Apr 2, 2014 IP
    Vlasic likes this.
  3. Roydlanco

Roydlanco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's so very true. Non-natives have been framed as poor in English by birth. Very sad :(

Roydlanco, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  4. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Maybe because it's easier for him to communicate with a British writer. Or, may be it's because that the write-ups need to be in UK English. Whatever it is, if you are paying for something, you are the one who decides whom to choose and whom to not. This particular job offer looks really nice and I thought of applying myself. However, as I am not from UK, I refrained. Best of luck to jbstrong, I hope he (I am assuming the gender from the avatar pic) gets a good writer fast, if he hasn't got one already.

bumba1988, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    British English is not the same as North American English. I'm not referring only to the spelling of words such as color/colour, check/cheque, or dollars and cents versus pounds and pence. As an American whose mother tongue is English, I can read published BBC articles or listen to a Brit speak and be able to comprehend what I'm reading or listening to, but that doesn't necessarily mean I would be skilled at writing British English for a British audience.

It is true that the original poster may receive replies from UK applicants whose writing skill isn't the quality he/she is looking for and that someone who is not a Brit, may be a better skilled writer, but can the non Brit write for the British audience? Can the non Brit author appear to the target audience as another Brit? For some projects, maybe it doesn't matter. For other projects, it just might.

Maybe the person prefers to deal with someone in their own timezone or closer to it than someone half way around the world?

Maybe the person prefers to deal with someone in the UK because of ease of payment, budget, and not having to pay currency conversion fees?

The point being that there are many reasons why people have certain criteria they want applicants to meet before they will consider an applicant for the job. It's not always about the stigma associated with writers who live in certain countries and/or english is a second, third, or fourth language for them.

TextServices, Apr 2, 2014 IP
    Vlasic likes this.
  6. jbstrong

jbstrong Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    As some of you have guessed, the reason is due to British English spelling being required.

jbstrong, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  7. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good to know that you have a real reason for your preference. Does that mean that anyone who can write well in British English would serve your purpose? Or is there a time zone involved?

ThisOldMan, Apr 3, 2014 IP