1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website CSS Help Needed? - Simple

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Josh Sutton, Apr 1, 2014.

Hi,

I am making a website for a friend and I have found a template and changed it slightly. The problem is that when I add content to the pages the bottom green section at the bottom stays and doesn't move with the content. What I need to do is make the bottom section move down but I an unsure how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Link to the files are here: http://www.jsuttonphotography.co.uk/slavinnew/WebsiteFiles.zip

Solved! View solution.
    Josh Sutton, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  2. d_boy

d_boy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will take a look and let you know if I can help you. :)

d_boy, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  3. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had a similar issue. Clearing cache helped in my case.

meetdilip, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  4. Josh Sutton

Josh Sutton Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, how do I do that? Thanks

Josh Sutton, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. meetdilip

meetdilip Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will find an option in admin CP.

meetdilip, Apr 2, 2014 IP
    That, is what is collectively known as a 'crappy fixed height fixed width layout'; it is not designed to be compatible with adding/removing content, dynamic or elastic presentation of content, or even... well... content. That type of artsy-fartsy "gee ain't it neat" PSD Jockey meets script-tard design is a poster child for what I mean by "not viable for web deployment" -- no matter how 'pretty' it is. It's just a bunch of goofy image crap that adds NOTHING of value to the page... and why taking some off-the-shelf 'template' and trying to shoe-horn content into it is a lesson in futility. The illegible color contrasts far below accessibility minimums, absurdly undersized fixed metric fonts, and ugly as sin bandwidth wasting webfont sure as shine-ola isn't helping.

Under the hood it's worse with the tables for layout, stupid malfing mm_swap nonsense doing CSS' job (hallmark of Dreamweaver asshattery), gibberish heading orders, line-breaks doing padding's job, paragraphs around non-paragraph content, pointless HTML 5 bloat, endless pointless DIV for nothing...

It's a laundry list of how NOT to build a website if you're actually going to put CONTENT into it, no matter how "pretty" it is. There's a reason I keep telling people with sites like this "Throw it out and start over from scratch, there is NOTHING I would even TRY to salvage from that!"

deathshadow, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  7. Josh Sutton

Josh Sutton Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thread Now Closed!

Josh Sutton, Apr 2, 2014 IP