1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Competitors

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by easycontent, Mar 31, 2014.

What kind of strategies you use to analysis your competitors; Beside link analysis what you want to know about your competitors ??? Share your experience and tell me what are you doing to keep your eyes on your competitors ???

Thank you ....

easycontent, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  2. Ryan Viola

Ryan Viola Member

Best Answers:
    Navigation and site structure
    Use of keywords
    Content (Very Important)

Ryan Viola, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  3. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, beside the link analysis I would look for the competitors Content i.e. how the keywords are placed, competitive analysis, structure, meta tags creation, image optimisation, traffic reports !! :confused:

John Dave, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  4. aniblow

aniblow Active Member

Best Answers:
    ...in addition, I download their source code to get their meta tags.

aniblow, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  5. nightwolf909

nightwolf909 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just check links, that's it, and also take a look if they have basic stuff like keywords in meta tags.

Lol'd at content, there is no special way how is written, just plane, basic onpage SEO works perfectly every time, nitpicking is just mental masturbation.

nightwolf909, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  6. whitewave

whitewave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Links it the biggie.

I'd also want to know their full ranking structure. i.e. what pages rank for what terms

Also, how do they monetise the site - look for related affiliate programs etc

Keep an eye on fresh content - set up google alerts

whitewave, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  7. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    How you check their traffic ??

easycontent, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  8. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use webmeup to track their estimated traffic it's not that accurate but I will help me in drawing a simple diagram. I am sure you can find several other tools to draw approximate traffic .

John Dave, Apr 1, 2014 IP
    easycontent likes this.
  9. whitewave

Best Answers:
    A neat little trick is to see what advertising platform they use. Things like adsense and other PPC platforms allow you to advertise only on their site, so you can nick their customers.

On a side note, you can pay for interstitial ads (I think adfly do it but there's many others). People who (normally unknowingly) have the software installed (normally as part of a free download for something else) on their computers can be shown interstitial adverts or websites, prior to visiting the website they actually want to go to. So, you can choose to advertise using an interstitial advert and then any user who has the advertising platform installed, will be shown your website before your competitors website, if they were going to your competitors website and not yours.

10. whitewave

Best Answers:
    forgot to say that by seeing what advertising method they use, and by bidding accordingly you will be told how many times your ad has been seen, so depending on your setting you can see the daily traffic that way...

11. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks For your support...

easycontent, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  12. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    As above said, i track content marketing strategy of my competitors. I also analyze competitors social media activities and posting frequency on social media channels.

rozerr, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  13. Derek Land

Derek Land Active Member

Best Answers:
    Meta tags aren't where the ranking is coming from though. It may provide an academic overview of their keywords, but that's about it.

Derek Land, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  14. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like to look at how many keywords and what the density of those keywords is. I've found semrush.com to be a pretty good tool.

Foxxy, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  15. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First their ranking for my keywords, their traffic (to see the sites where my competitors get traffic from). Don't forget their On-Page SEO (title, domain name, tags, image and link optimization, etc.) :)

patco, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  16. Davide Di Prossimo

Davide Di Prossimo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi easycontent,

The things to look at and analyze when monitoring your competition online are numerous. I would say that, beside backlinks of course, the most important things are: amount of traffic, affiliate network, SEO, SEM, display advertising, contextual advertising, demographics, Tweets, whois data, reverse lookup, and competitors’ website names.

All the metrics I mentioned above are provided by a company I work with, which is called Follow. You can download Follow here: http://follow.net/?utm_source=internal. This is a competitive intelligence tool for tracking and analyzing websites. Below there are a few screenshots to let you understand what we are talking about: I picked Amazon.com for the sake of argument. As you can see, Follow provides its users with a lot of statistics to analyze.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Follow can be installed as a toolbar on your browser, but you can get access to statistics on the a web-based platform, too. You can open an account for free with Follow, even though there is the choice to more advanced paid plans.

Closely monitoring several sites takes a lot of work, but Follow can be set up in a way you’ll be notified when the sites you want to monitor do anything new online. As I said, there is a free version you can download and install immediately. Go to Follow.net: http://follow.net/?utm_source=internal, give it a try, and let me know what you think.

Davide Di Prossimo, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  17. bharataggarwal155

bharataggarwal155 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    whats is seo?

bharataggarwal155, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  18. Davide Di Prossimo

Davide Di Prossimo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello bharataggarwal155,

SEO is an acronym that stands for search engine optimization, and it is the discipline involving affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural" or un-paid (which is also called "organic") search results.

You can read more on Wikipedia, on this page about Search Engine Optimization.

bharataggarwal155, why did you ask? Are you just starting in the industry? Let me know if you’d like to know more.

Davide Di Prossimo, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  19. Shoad Islam

Shoad Islam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    At first you have to research keyword about your topics. Then You can go for Monthly analysis, worldwide search volume. You can do all strategies by Google Keyword Planner https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner and Google Trends tool. Then you can research top 10 results on Google search, if their Page rank is not good then you will able to take your site on top Google search result.

Shoad Islam, Jun 30, 2014 IP