1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Abrupt change in traffic (400 to 40 )

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Deepesh Singh, Mar 23, 2014.

Dear Friends, I want a favor. Let me explain the complete scenario.
    Earlier I had 'deepeshsingh93.wordpress.com' for 2 years. I was getting traffic from Google, everything was working fine. Then I bought topbullets.com (only domain) on Jan 2014 and add this site on webmaster. As Google does not allow to change web address of a subdomain on webmaster, I had to add this site and pasted the verification code of topbullets.com but had to delete the verification code of 'deepeshsingh93.wordpress.com' on Feb 2014. Both url redirects to same destination. Just after 1 month I saw sudden decrease of my traffic. So here are the major changes I made that day.
    1. As I explained above, changing subdomain to domain.
    2. I made huge change on title.
    3. I posted a post with so any news, app keywords (I did not know that it harms SEO)
    So accordingly to you what could be the reason. Now I have unverified 'deepeshsingh93.wordpress.com' and deleted it from webmaster and requested Google to deleted its indexed pages. I hope I am not bothering you. But my website is dying. Please help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deepesh Singh, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  2. Mario Stewart

Mario Stewart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It will take time but within this time period do following things
    • Make a PR about new domain
    • Use social networking sites
    • Use e-mail marketing

Mario Stewart, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  3. Traverse City Web Design

Traverse City Web Design Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know if this is it, but look at your preferred domain setting on Google Webmaster Tools. Make sure this is set correctly. Also - you might check out any .htaccess files or robot.txt files associated with the site. That's a long shot, but you never know and it's always good to look at them every once in a while.

Good luck!!!

Ray at Traverse City Web Design

4. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am assuming a 301 redirect was used on the blog address to the domain? else PA / DA / serps will be negatively effected.

-bank-, Mar 31, 2014 IP