1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone making money with Fiverr

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Dionne Taylor, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Squirrel_monkey

Squirrel_monkey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I managed to get quite a few people to my Fiverr gig without any external advertising too. Then by complete fluke I was fortunate enough to get contacted by a journalist who wanted to include my gig in an article for a national paper (the article was on 'outsourcing'). So that was cool, but surprisingly that didn't actually lead to that many new sales! Probably because I only got a small mention in the end... I've given up on Fiverr for now but intend to get back into it soon...

I think Fiverr is a great place to test different business ideas and to see which niches are easy to sell to in general. Because there's that nice platform there you can test different titles and tweak your product/service in various ways and then see how this affects your sales. A much better/cheaper way to 'verify' a business model idea than using AdWords for instance! If your gig isn't selling there's nothing to stop you changing the title, or launching a different gig that's slightly different. Eventually you'll be sure to hit on to a winner :)

Squirrel_monkey, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  2. Omarsaady

Omarsaady Guest

Best Answers:
    When you create a gig, you need to be sure that you take some time in writing up the title. Think about exactly what it is that you're selling and how people would search for that.
    Also, every gig that you create should have a video. Even if you don't have a camera so you can record yourself, I suggest that you create a Power Point presentation that describes your gig and then turn it into a video using a tool like Movie Maker

Omarsaady, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  3. Sana Doll

Sana Doll Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have also 3 gigs in Fiverr from last 6 months but i just got 3 orders. :(

Sana Doll, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  4. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buy ads will be good to try also. Targeted buyer traffic must be better to get huge orders.

seocrusher, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  5. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Although a completely different method of making money from fiverr, although have you thought about purchasing other peoples packages, combining them, creating an SEO package, then selling the overall package for 2/3x the value. To sell purchase / create a web sales page (look in the DP BST Services section, use Fiverr to create a sales video, content from DP BST services) then build links (fiverr) generate social media, and sell. On completion get a tick over of clients, subscribe a few and generate sales...

-bank-, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  6. xcentrix

xcentrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Squirrel_monkey,

Do you have a link to the article on outsourcing that was published in a national newspaper? I would love to read it.

cheers,

x

xcentrix, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  7. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting orders are very random in my experience lol

Dionne Taylor, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  8. :-)

:-) Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    fiverr is great to make money from if you can buy products or services super cheap and then resell there, the only thing you need to do is market well on there i would suggest :

Go on the fiverr forums, post there, add links to your gigs, ask for gig feedback, ask for advice on how to promote your gig, how to maybe get the most out of your gig, ask on the forums and people will give you great advice, thats what ive been doing.
    Also i would suggest adding a video , just be as genuine as possible people love buying from genuinely nice honest people who have a nice displayed gig.
    If you dont have the facilities to record your own video hire someone on fiverr to do one for you.

I would suggest just trying to make your gig as nice as possible. Make sure there is no spelling mistakes and make sure it has all the relevant info in it.
    I would say everytime you get an order try and communicate with the buyer and make sure they leave amazing feedback and make sure you can try and sell them a gig upgrade or try get them to order the gig again, say you'll give them 2 of the service if they buy again etc.. Depending on how much mark up your gaining but for example if your doing say a video testimonial, all your doing is standing infront of your laptop for 5 minutes and recording a video, i would say try and get the buyer to buy another 1 and give them another 1 for free and then that way, you make more money + its showing how many orders your getting.

I would suggest you market your fiverr gigs as much as possible, if you are already selling something on another forum say or something and aslong as its worth under $3 then you can get the customer to order from your fiverr gig and leave feedback, this way it will boost your sales. I would say try to deliver the gig ASAP also make sure you can do it within 24 hours.

Tweet your gig as much as you can and promote it via pinterest and facebook and even youtube put the link as many places as you can not just to increase backlinks to it but also to market your gig.

i would also suggest putting as many services as possible up as well and try to follow these tactics on all of them, maybe try and launch 10 gigs a month this way your always offering new services and you can message previous customers and say that if they order 1 gig you will give them 1 extra service for free or if they order 2gigs they'll get 5 etc.. People love a bargain thats why they are on fiverr.com in the first place, so you need to come across like you are offering them even more of a bargain and doing them a great offer/deal

Good luck!

:-), Apr 1, 2014 IP
  9. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    Never thought about posting on fiverr forums hmmm

Dionne Taylor, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  10. suraj kumavat

suraj kumavat Active Member

Best Answers:
    I seen many people to make money with doing silly things.
    Like i seen a girl who write anything on her boobs. another gig on her stomach.

I also seen many innovative gigs.. lol not really..

but i seen a gig that give you 3 digital point likes for 5 bucks.. isnt it cool???

You can try manythings.. $5 in not much for anyone. so u can do anything that is in demand and people will just try.

suraj kumavat, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  11. lilsimon04

lilsimon04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr has honestly became a joke recently if you ask me. I will explain why I believe it is not worth waisting time on. First off, it is extremely hard to get your gig noticed anymore. People only really buy from the top rated sellers.

The payouts is what kills me about Fiverr. First off, you do not earn $5 for each gig you sell, it is actually only $4. Then even know the buyer has paid with PayPal which is guaranteed, you still have to wait 14 days until your money is a liable, and that honestly makes no sense to me whatsoever. After two weeks when the money is finally in your Fiverr account, you can either withdraw it to PayPal, or on your Fiverr pre paid card. I made the mistake of withdrawing it to the Fiverr card. I got a notice that $20 was deposited onto my card, then Fiverr took another $5 from me to activate the card, so I really only ended up with $15.

I really do think that Fiverr needs to make some drastic changes to the way that they do business, and then maybe I will think about giving it another shot.

lilsimon04, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  12. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    That paypal waiting time is rediculous I just gave up on Fiverr all together now.

Dionne Taylor, Apr 6, 2014 IP
  13. john123x

john123x Member

Best Answers:
    I see people making money with Fiverr, but I see more people complaining with their quality or services. I personally dont get any luck with this site. ListingDock.com is my choise, although they new but this site has potential to grow and become giant. I do super well their, take a look you'd surely like it.

john123x, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  14. rajamanickam.a

rajamanickam.a Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I haven't earn money from Fiverr. I spent significant time for creating profile and many gigs. But no use. Now-a-days, I am not logging-in to fiverr.

rajamanickam.a, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  15. Roydlanco

Roydlanco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What i used to do is to make a YouTube video relevant to the gig and then post it in almost 35 social bookmarking sites at once, through onlywire.com (amazing website). For the first month, I got crazy response and sales without having done much work and that set me up confident to place other gigs and market them with my positive reviews. It really works!!

Roydlanco, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  16. Dionne Taylor

Best Answers:
    That definitely doesn't work anymore. Your video will get taken down now a days with content like that. YouTube doesn't tolerate that, it's considered "spam".

Dionne Taylor, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  17. Roydlanco

Roydlanco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well, you need to be smart when making the video. They did not ban my video though!

Roydlanco, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  18. oswin_mb

oswin_mb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a level2 seller on Fiverr and made over $1500, and i just do this part time maybe 5-6 hrs a week.
    Few tips to get you going…
    --Spend more time on site
    --Respond to messages quickly
    --Be active in the forums
    --If possible add a video
    --promote gigs on Twitter and Facebook
    --build a good genuine profile and clear information about your gigs
    By doing these your gig will be more visible to customers and chances of getting orders are more.

oswin_mb, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  19. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't tried personally making money on Fiverr. However, I heard you have to charge extremely cheap rates to make any money on this site. It almost sounds like slave labor, but it depends how long it takes you to do the work.

Alyssa Lochmore, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  20. KonRadicool

KonRadicool Active Member

Best Answers:
    I signed up and had a few gigs but didn't like the pay for the amount of work I had to do to compete with other people in the same niche, so I stopped. It is possible to make money, just make sure you copy the sales page of a more successful fiverr person (not word for word) and then add pictures and have a video explaining your service. Video is a must because it increases viewability by almost 220% which is huge and in fiverr you need lots of attention at the start to get more people to visit your page.

Good luck :)

KonRadicool, Apr 16, 2014 IP