1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

safe link building

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by wizzyweb, Mar 20, 2014.

Hello guys and girls!

Two days ago, I was searching for some blogs on MyBlogGuest for guest posting backlink, but today I heard it is penalized by Google! So, if you wanted to do some guest posting, you better not, it is not safe anymore.
    I also wanted to ask - how to improve my google position in 2014? My keywords are currently on 24th and 25th position on Google. I manually created 5 web 2.0's, some social bookmarks, high PR profiles. What's next step? Should I use link pyramid, should I create some wiki's as a tier 2, or do infograhic submission?

What is your strategy in ranking websites?

wizzyweb, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  2. himel2011

himel2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if your keywords are currently on 24th and 25th position on Google, then you can use tier 2 and try to increase more unique visitor from different way. don't stop social sharing specially Google+ and pinterest .

himel2011, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  3. mchllmll

mchllmll Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since you are on page 3 for your keywords using just 5 web 2.0s, social bookmarks and high pr profiles, I would suggest you a few high pagerank domains and create a small blog network of 3-5 websites and use the web 2.0s, social bookmarks and high pr profiles as backlinks to dilute the anchor text diversity. The total cost of the domains should be around $50. Plus the cost of hosting. Depending on your niche this may or may not be cost prohibitive. If it isn't then I would suggest you create more web 2.0s and build second tier links to them.

mchllmll, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  4. Marko Vuckovic

Marko Vuckovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could try to get more visitors to your website through keywords you want. I'd better use that option instead of creating web 2.0 profiles. Try to mix both options.

Marko Vuckovic, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  5. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    It's very hard to tell without seeing your website/competition for the keyword, my advice would be to carry on building links, make sure your backlinks are getting indexed and update your websites content

AlexBrooks, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  6. Marko Vuckovic

Best Answers:
    Yup, you're right. If website is new, you should start focus on tips to build a good Domain Authority first. Then after some time you should consider keyword research by checking best keyword fit for your website and analyze competitor ones...

Marko Vuckovic, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MyBlogGuest website was penalized by Google for large scale of guest posting links and this kind of method is monitored by Google. All of the websites that are benefited from this guest posting links will be affected.

KylieSweet, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  8. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, you should always be looking to improve your websites domain authority. With a good DR, ranking for long tail keywords can be done with NO link building ;)

AlexBrooks, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  9. Marko Vuckovic

Best Answers:
    Large scale of guest posting is not allowed, of course. If you perform link service or blogging related to your niche and in small scales you will be safe from penalization.

If Google spot that your website is built only for promoting others/ or sell links, you will most likely be penalized/ degraded.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Marko Vuckovic, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  10. Marko Vuckovic

Best Answers:
    Thank you!

Anyway if your website has good Domain Authority + good content, only a few links or even without links your keyword optimization can be a lot easier to perform. I already said that your main goal is to become as much natural as you can. It is OK to buy few or even 10 links related to your niche for traffic purposes with anchor text if possible. That can not hurt your website and its rankings.

Marko Vuckovic, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  11. vince wicks

vince wicks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You want to create high-quality content. So, blogging awesome content sounds like a great idea. Plus if you have a product of your own, you also can promote it on 3rd party blogs. If you don't have a product, you need to create one or better yet a few.

vince wicks, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  12. eljon02

eljon02 Active Member

Best Answers:
    not because your method did no rank your site to number 1 means that the method is worthless. there are other factors to be considered like the onsite optimization, the quality of those blogs where you guest posted.

eljon02, Mar 31, 2014 IP