1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

deployment from local to server

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by lew1s666, Mar 27, 2014.

I working in small company. I am the only developer. All sites in Wordpress. I am using MAMP and localahost. Uploading files to subdomain through filezilla FTP show to client and after i need to download back to my localhost and upload to live server. is annoying! Dont know what to use, please help and how i can set up with steps.

dont understand how git and bitbucket works. how i can deploy from localhost to subdomain or live server.
    I know that for database i have to use DBMigrate. And just import/export
    thanks

lew1s666, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How is your production/live server setup ? Does it has any control panel ?
    This information will help the members to suggest you with the deployment process.

MilesWeb, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  3. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely need to know more about your server setup. Are you running on shared hosting with Cpanel or are you running a VPS or Dedicated with WHM or Plesk?

MikeLugar, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  4. lew1s666

lew1s666 Member

Best Answers:
    we have shared hosting with Cpanel. i am using all the time FTP.
    now i just learned how to create repository with git in bitbucket. how to commit and push changes to my repository. i know how to download repository to my localhost.
    But how to deploy my repository from bitbucket to my ftp ?
    What you suggest ? we ahve around 50 website on our server and 2 subdomains which we using to show to client .

lew1s666, Mar 28, 2014 IP
  5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are migrating the cPanel accounts from shared hosting to the server with cPanel; use the backup options from cPanel and generate full account backup. Download them on the server you wish to restore the accounts. Restore them with the cPanel script /scripts/restorepkg. It will restore the account's data as it is.

MilesWeb, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  6. john.peter

john.peter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay If I understood your problem correctly, may be this idea would help you.
    The problem is,
    Working on Local files and moving them to the server
    Also you would like to have version control over your files.

If you need a version control, you can use some third party svn repository like assembla.
    So, create a repository and connect your local host to SVN. So, the version control problem will be resolved.
    Everytime you do change, just commit the codes.

Now, getting the file from svn to your server is going to happen like Server - to - Server.
    Ask for ssh access from your shared hosting and find the commands for retriving friles from svn repositories using your login.
    If you learn this, you can simply import/update all the files from SVN to your shared hosting and you can demo to client.

So, there will be no FTP involved.

Hope it helps..!! Please lemme know if you need further clarification.

john.peter, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  7. john.peter

john.peter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is one more option, if you dont need verison controller.
    Just use SITE option in dreamweaver. So, just push all the files to server everytime you change.
    Check this link to get the idea. siteground.com/tutorials/dreamweaver/website_upload.htm

john.peter, Apr 18, 2014 IP