1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please check out my content

Discussion in 'Websites' started by scott2342, Mar 24, 2014.

Hi guys,

One of my sites has started a blog. Can you please review your thoughts on the content?

The site is www.PClivehelp.co.uk

Thanks

scott2342, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just a comment about the colour scheme - I'd make the text a bit darker. I'm guessing a fair proportion of your client base will be older people who don't feel confident to hack into their systems to make them work. They probably want a less styly and easier to read site. Looks lovely though.

upload_2014-3-27_13-17-40.png

sarahk, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  3. Adnan Rizvi

Adnan Rizvi Member

Best Answers:
    The website looks great, although I thinkt he menu should be on the right hand side... OR put the logo in the center, and the menu underneath it... and then put the conctact number on the top right hand corner, it would make the website more appealing.. but over and all I really do like the overall design... The content is simple, and effective, easy to read...

Adnan Rizvi, Mar 26, 2014 IP
    heartnet02 likes this.
  4. heartnet02

heartnet02 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think the site looks fine the way it is. You just need to add a video to entice your clients. Find someone who can make a cool introduction video about the company or website.

heartnet02, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    videos annoy me so much - if you use one make sure you back it up with plain text. If I'm trying to get something to work in the evening the last thing I want is my computer blaring out noise and disturbing the family - or to be having to find my headphones. There are lots of sites that I go to that it's video or nothing. They lose me as a user.

sarahk, Mar 26, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. Mario Stewart

Mario Stewart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is good but need to make more user friendly not seo friendly.

Mario Stewart, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Get rid of the drop-down menus. They might look fancy to you, but they don't help navigation. This is the problem with designers; they make a site that looks oh-so-fancy, but forget about usability. Other designers aren't going to be looking at it and saying "super awesome design skills". Instead, your average Joe is going to be looking to see why should he use your service or bounce back to the search results and look at the next one.

I generally feel the sizes are disproportionate (text, logo, images) and that it doesn't flow well. No idea why your social media links are stuffed away at the bottom - they should be up the top, instantly more visible.

This global blah blah blah doesn't mean anything to me. It doesn't grab my attention, in fact it would make me bounce, but the "About Us" bit would make me stay, along with testimonials. They both shouldn't be stuffed so far out of view. This is what would potentially make me look further around your site.

ryan_uk, Mar 26, 2014 IP
    scott2342 and sarahk like this.
  8. TheSites

TheSites Active Member

Best Answers:
    I left a comment and I did not notice a way to alter the picture next to my comment (the generic "no profile picture"), will all of the comments look like this?

TheSites, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  9. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @TheSites Hi, yes i don't think there is a way to alter the dp. I need to look into it but to maybe has the company logo as the image.

scott2342, Mar 27, 2014 IP