1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertising your website to get traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by scott2342, Mar 24, 2014.

Hi guys,

I recently asked for advice to help advertise my site to receive traffic. Well a few suggested I post on forums on my area but I get banned for "spamming" even though I try to contribute. Apparently you can't post links so can someone help me out with ways I can advertise my site and recieve decent uk traffic

scott2342, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  2. Johnnygood

Johnnygood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any budget to test out or do you want to use free methods? If you want to go with free methods do posting but one that won't get you banned which means one providing value.

If you have budget you have plenty of ways to advertise ;)

Thanks,

Johnnygood, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  3. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Getting your website noticed requires that you first give "actual" value to the people that visit it. That actual value can be measured by the problems that you solve for your visitors. So for example if I want to find stuff on the Internet I remember that Google solves my "finding stuff on the Internet" problem. Since they do this better than anyone else I tell my friends and family about it. This happened to me way back in early 2000 when Google powered Yahoo. I switched search engines because Yahoo was great because it was powered by Google.

So if you want to advertise your site you first need to find out a problem that you can uniquely solve for people in the UK. To find out a good problem to solve you have to get out of your house or office and talk to people. Find out their problems and what they currently use to solve their problems and if it's not solving their problem in a spectacular way you can provide that for them.

Once that's done you can then start advertising because you'll have a significant solution to something that lots of people would be willing to try.

The hard part is making sure your solution is actually awesome to more people than friends and family because they'll always love you and support you. That's no good, you need honesty and if you're currently copying something that's already been done, or you're solving a problem that is just nice to fix not a must then you'll need to talk to more folks.

The best way I've heard of figuring out if you really have something is to ask people about their pain, then say you're experimenting with a site that would do everything to solve their problems. If you've got something the person you're talking to will want to get your contact info or be willing to pay you for your solution. That's hard to do but it's possible. Read the book Nail It Then Scan It, see nailthenscale.com

Good luck!

ArchAxis, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Creating and maintaining a good presence on the social networking websites is highly important. This is a great way to drive traffic to your website. However, make sure that you post updates on a regular basis. If you visit the social networking accounts after a long span of time, then it won't help you.

MilesWeb, Mar 27, 2014 IP
  6. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is a very effective way to drive traffic, but
    1) Each forum site may have different rules. Most forum sites allow signature links. Many don't allow links in posts even if your posts add values.
    2) There're many UK forum sites where you can get large percentage of UK traffic. We've build a platform where you can look at link rules and traffic source by country for forum sites.
    3) Also try other traffic generation techniques: social media, blog commenting, Q&A sites.

dejaone, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  7. anxjuz86

anxjuz86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stop spending your money on non-targeted or banner advertising. If you're looking for a maintain traffic, you should start to think about viral traffic. Simply post a comment on HOT, BREAKING or LATEST story embedded with attractive picture. Example: meme or troll imges.

anxjuz86, Mar 29, 2014 IP
  8. Omarsaady

Omarsaady Guest

Best Answers:
    Everyone wishes to know ways for advertising and generating targeted traffic . It doesn't matter how much content you write or the number of sites you construct. If you cannot get traffic, you'll never make any money. Thankfully, there are lots of methods to obtain those eyeballs glued to your site.
    Right here are my 4 favorite ways for advertising and getting traffic.

1-Ppc Marketing (PPC).
    If you want a guaranteed source of instant traffic, it does not get any simpler than PPC marketing. But, PPC is likewise the most costly traffic source on this list and you'll constantly have to spend for it.
    2-Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
    If you wish to know ways to get even more traffic, Master Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a long term approach that means real revenues gradually
    3-E-mail Marketing.
    When it comes to discovering ways to advertise, e-mail marketing is an old staple of the market and a crucial tool for any online business owner
    4-Viral and Social network Advertising.
    It`s the most fun, however also the hardest to measure.Your goal in social media is to develop value that will attract more fans and followers to come looking for you. Free ideas, short articles, updates, news, and videos. And don`t forget to be always connected

Omarsaady, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  9. gichmart

gichmart Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,
    I have a brand new site http://www.microgigs.ca and i am wondering if you can publish your gigs there and diversify popularity even more.
    Thank you

gichmart, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  10. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use every possible way to advertise your website and get targeted traffic by working with different platforms such as building links, blogging, social media, blog commenting, forum posting and provide content for your audience as well as guiding them on how they will be benefited.

KylieSweet, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  11. WMADV WEBMEDIA

WMADV WEBMEDIA Member

Best Answers:
    There are several options available to you: Google advertising, social networks and using affiliate programs.

WMADV-Webmedia

WMADV WEBMEDIA, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  12. R-david

R-david Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Forums is Uk are really a bit tuff, even they banned people for just a simple word and even links !! I have experience that too !

Don't give up and try another local forums,
    Also try Do-follow forums which is the better ...

Another way to get local traffic is the social media tools, go for twitter, facebook
    CPV and e-mail marketing would be good too but a bit money spending !

For Your Success !

R-david, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  13. jonny T

jonny T Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if want to get targeted traffic i can advise you go for solo ads marketing, though requires some few bucks but its relatively effective.
    social medias are other ways to drive traffic. Build a fanpage on facebook and join fb groups related or those that probably need what you offer on your site and blast your ads there. remember to follow there rules

jonny T, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  14. isky0209

isky0209 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Beside forum, i think you need use social media, the ways you crease to traffic your website

isky0209, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  15. AaronHarris

AaronHarris Member

Best Answers:
    This will usually depends on your budget. If you have a decent budget, go for PPC. If you have limited budget, go for paid traffic. They deliver good traffic depending on your niche and geo target. if you want to know sources of good cheap traffic just PM me. Buy, if you have no budget at all then you should try to build it over time thru SEO.

AaronHarris, Apr 2, 2014 IP