1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advisable to buy a Wordpress Theme?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ethan Alvin, Mar 22, 2014.

?

Buy a Wordpress Theme for a Job Portal site?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a Wordpress theme to create a Job portal.

What do you guys think?

Would appreciate any inputs or comments.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
    Alvin

Ethan Alvin, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  2. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, yes. I'm not a big fan of free themes because of lots of things. Take for example the footer links who are encoded etc. And I still believe that designers who are asking money for their themes (being it on themeforest or just ElegantThemes etc) are ready to put in more effort into their themes.

Of course if there's a good theme for free, check it out. You can always change it later on. ;)

Aquarezz, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  3. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for your input! I'm just thinking if purchasing a theme would make my website less unique.

Ethan Alvin, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  4. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you don't have money, then the free themes are cool to try and there are few that are really good. The best would be of course a professional and "expensive" theme, I mean one with a huge amount of options, and always updated.

5. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Building accustom site takes a lot of time and money. Using a theme is so much easier, so I would recommend it for a new site. You can customize it to make it unique, then if the site is successful you can change to something fully customized later on.

uand.eye, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  7. Rique

Rique Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would advise you to buy wordpress themes for two reasons:
    -If you can afford to, support authors.
    -Cracked themes normally do not update and might hurt your site in the process. Most paid themes keep updating.
    -There are always free themes.

Rique, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  8. ThisOldMan

ThisOldMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before you part with your hard-earned cash to buy a theme, I strongly recommend taking a close look at Suffusion. It's has literally tons of options. If you are creative, you can always use that to create your own unique website.

ThisOldMan, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  9. deepsk

deepsk Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many free themes available in wordpress so first have a look at those free themes if u like then cool.. If dont then buy premium theme from themeforest.net..

deepsk, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  10. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest checking out the themes from SiteMile, they offer Wordpress themes for many dfifferent types of websites such as the job board theme. I have used many of their scripts and each one has great built-in features that will enable you to edit the sites looks and feel easily without even knowing HTML or CSS, so this should help you with the problem of trying to make your site stand out.

I have sent you a PM giving you a direct link to the Wordpress theme that I mentioned in this post, I hope it is what you were looking for and has all the features that you are looking for inside the script.

Thanks.

IsayHey, Mar 23, 2014 IP
    Ethan Alvin likes this.
  11. Syed_Mohsin

Syed_Mohsin Member

Best Answers:
    According to me, Free themes are amazing only because they are free and only very few Theme developer are serious about keeping their free theme project updated and offering constant updates for latest WP version compatibility. When I started with WordPress, I thought: Why to pay one time 20-50$ when you can get some thing for free?. This is what I used to think when I started with WordPress blog and like every one landed with some nice free WordPress theme. :)

Syed_Mohsin, Mar 23, 2014 IP