1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Data Feed Syndicators Are Only the Beginning for Local Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by smartfinds, Mar 20, 2014.

smartfinds, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  2. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keeping track of your local clients and/or audience does help. Yext has helped a lot of people. I assume this platform still does exist?

BoostSoftware, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  3. smartfinds

smartfinds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Erin,

Yes, I would say that in general Yext has been helpful. A discussion in a LinkedIn group mentioned in the article does raise some serious concerns about what happens when you stop using Yext. That part I think was a surprise to everyone.

In the LinkedIn group, Chris Ward, the Executive Vice President of Yext is quoted stating “…after a client no longer uses the Yext service the Publisher then releases the listing to their normal compilation process.” What this basically means is that any work you did through Yext has the potential of being lost. This in turns raises a question, why should anyone continue to use Yext?

The same LinkedIn discussion also has many confirmations of this very issue of people with first hand experience. The LinkedIn group is mentioned in the editorial at Search Engine Journal.

smartfinds, Mar 20, 2014 IP