1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing and Yahoo Traffic is earning more than Google Traffic on Adsense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by mahnazkut, Mar 18, 2014.

I have been observing this interesting fact that websites with bing+yahoo organic search traffic earns much better than google search referrals.
    My websites are in UK. Here, unlike USA, %90 people use Google. Bing and yahoo users are more likely old people or new internet users this may be the reason. Google users more likely Ad-blind and CTR is low.
    If you have similar results please share.

mahnazkut, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  2. Poon Poi Ming

Poon Poi Ming Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hardly get much traffic from Bing and Yahoo. I am from Malaysia and most of my traffic comes from Google.

As an aside, I wonder what is the effect of AdBlocker in Google Chrome. Statistically, how badly does that affect Adsense revenues, given that most users nowadays use Google Chrome.

Poon Poi Ming, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  3. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't think that many people use adblocks and those who do already are aware of ads and don't click on them. Most of my traffic use chrome and I have not seen that much of a decline.

craig105, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  4. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Craig, how long have you been an Adsense publisher? For myself, I only started seeing money last year, although I have been a publisher since 2008. But I hear that because of Goodle Penguin (hope I get that right), publishers' incomes are not what it used to be. Come to think of it, it may be precisely because of Goodle Penguin that my small websites are beginning to see some money.

Poon Poi Ming, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  5. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when penguin hit some of my sites. I left with bing and yahoo traffic only thats why I can see difference between google and others. Google users are more aware of ads ans clicking less.

mahnazkut, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  6. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Thanks, mahnazkut, for the information.

7. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    No luck with yahoo+bing referrer, most 90% my visitor coming from big G and so far the revenue always increasing each time.

SoniCute, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  8. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    I wonder how Mahnazkut does it. Mahnazkut, how do you get traffic from Bing and Yahoo? I use Bing Webmaster Tools and I sent them my sitemaps from time to time, but I hardly see any traffic from them. Most of my traffic are from Google.

9. mahnazkut

mahnazkut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did not do it, google just slapped some of my sites and penalize them so I left with bing-yahoo traffic only. exactly the same keywords ranking on bing-yahoo but not on google anymore. %90 of my visitors gone but remaining 10percent (bing-yahoo visitors) performing very well.

Also sometimes I only develop sites for bing-yahoo (as you have mentioned, using bing webmaster tools not google)to rank not on google. Because google easily penalise you for any reason. In bing-yahoo you dont need to worry about any over-optimisation or similar crap. But they may follow google as well.

mahnazkut, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  10. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    Soon or later they will, or will be left in the behind.

SoniCute, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  11. talha1991

talha1991 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks you

talha1991, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  12. Densely

Densely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I confirm this, as I am also getting same sort of result.
    One of my site with 90%+ Yahoo/bing traffic has a RPM of $25-$30 (sometimes it went upto $40) and earns me $2000+/month with little traffic.
    Yahoo/bing traffic is steady and needs less maintenance. I hardly publish 1 article each month on that site.

Densely, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  13. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Densely, how about teaching us how to do that... we are picking crumbs at the moment.

Poon Poi Ming, Mar 22, 2014 IP
  14. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have been reading about yahoo and bing traffic are better even in selling products.. problem is how do we rank wth them? any tips and advis from you guys would be great

point2, Mar 22, 2014 IP