1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We couldn't verify this phone number issue

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by aadi1295, Mar 20, 2014.

Hello DP members,

I am new to paypal, and yesterday I got my first payment in my paypal account. But when I tried to withdraw it, paypal asked me to verify a phone number. I tried to add Home, Work and Mobile phone numbers to get verification call or sms but an error message is appearing that
    I have contacted customer services many times but they keep asking me to add the phone number but none of them is working on paypal. however I am using all these numbers and are working perfectly fine.
    Please suggest me a solution.

Thanks and Regards,
    Arbaz

aadi1295, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  2. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using any Google Voice numbers or Skype numbers? What cell provider do you have?

MikeLugar, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  3. aadi1295

aadi1295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am using virtual landline phone number from ipkall and I have tested it. I have called to this and checked. I even asked a friend in germany to call on this number and its working perfectly fine. But when I tried to add this number to paypal for verification, Its giving the above mentioned error. any suggestion?

aadi1295, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  4. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gee, PP is being less than helpful. I had the same problem yesterday when registering with an advertising platform. Never did get it working but they accepted government ID in its place. Would PP take a substitute for verification?

Annea, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  5. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of companies won't let you verify with virtual phone numbers, I've had this issue before because I do use a virtual phone number on occasion. They have the ability to check whether it is virtual or not. so they are probably blocking it for this reason.

MikeLugar, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  6. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea what a virtual phone is, I thought he had a landline. So, that could very well be the problem.

Annea, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  7. Vivek Nanda

Vivek Nanda Member

Best Answers:
    PayPal doesn't get along very well with virtual phone numbers.. try to link up your mobile or home phone number

Vivek Nanda, May 16, 2014 IP