1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to run adsense on a forum?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by robdenio, Mar 18, 2014.

My forum has been getting upwards of 500,000 page views per day for the last 2 months but my adsense ctr is dropping below 0.30% and the cpc has dropped.

Does anyone have a forum and run adsense? That could give me some tips on ad positioning or sizes etc.

I have also seen the coverage of ads drop from 76% to 45% over the last couple of days. I have no idea why.

Your help is appreciated Rob

robdenio, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  2. baldonius

baldonius Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the demographic of your forum users. My father-in-law runs a website in the flying niche, which is populated mostly by old, rich men who are some of the least tech-savvy people you'll ever meet. He regularly makes $2,000/month from 1M pageviews/month.

I find that traffic sources with people who are younger and more tech savvy are much less likely to click AdSense ads because they know what they are. You can get 1,000 uniques from reddit but I bet you not a single one will click the AdSense ad in your article.

This is why I launch many of my AdSense content sites in niches that are generally populated with women over the age of 30/40. I'm completely serious! To further this effect I make all my AdSense ads text ads, making sure they're all super-blended in with the content text.

baldonius, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  3. robdenio

robdenio Active Member

Best Answers:
    My target audience is people between 18-30 so i can relate to what you are saying thanks for the response

robdenio, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  4. convert

convert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try a/b splitting ads in different places till your ctr is higher.

convert, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  5. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What niche is your forum? I like to use leaderboard ads on forums the big one and small ones in post content areas.

craig105, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  6. robdenio

robdenio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im in the snapchat & kik niche. Im gonna do some testing over next week or so see if moving the ads makes a difference thanks for the replys

robdenio, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  7. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    I run busy forum with millions views a day, and I only put one adsense ad leaderboard (728x90) on top of page and viewable only on certain forums.

SoniCute, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  8. robdenio

robdenio Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you get a good return? Do you not think your missing out on a fortune just displaying one ad or do you get a higher cpc?

robdenio, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  9. SoniCute

SoniCute Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I optimize the revenue with direct sales ad. Yes that one adsense placement not just give me a good return but it pay my bill. :D.
    Keeping my members and visitor stay and not annoying them with adsense is my first mission, and as a return they comeback again and bring a new member joined up.

SoniCute, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  10. DjALex

DjALex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Forum is not the best website type to monetize it with google adsense. Your ctr is not bad.

DjALex, Mar 30, 2014 IP