1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the next marketplace to Fiverr and oDesk, and why?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by MBDungo, Nov 23, 2013.

I already have 7 gigs on Fiverr and it's still hard to have a client. It looks like I also need to have another freelancer marketplace to get more clients in the future. So I tried oDesk but I don't have an acceptable ID to upload a proof of my identity to apply to jobs..

Now, what is the next marketplace to oDesk and why?

MBDungo, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  2. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    What product/service are you offering? Networking on DP is honestly a good resource. There's also elance.com, freelancer.com... what exactly does oDesk need? Let me know if I can help you get past their ID requirement as long as I don't have to give you my birth certificate or something I don't mind :p.

aidanriley629, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  3. Katherine Elizabeth

Katherine Elizabeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seoclerk, freelancer, elance, gigbucks also acceptable marketplace... But fiverr is the top and secure marketplace for both buyer and seller. You can get unlimited order from fiverr. But you need to seo your gig first, try to share your gig with many valid site also in social media like fb, twitter, pinterest etc. Thanks

I agree with you !!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    Katherine Elizabeth, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  4. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    Indeed. On Fiverr, a lot of creativity is required if you're wanting to actually get anywhere. There are tons of people offering the same exact thing and nobody may ever even see your gig if it's not unique or interesting. I'm still not sure what service the OP is offering, but my advice would be to find a way to approach your clients through a specific niche. For example, on the homepage right now I see: "I will sing happy birthday in a sexy voice to whoever you want for $5". That's a pretty specific (and funny) product. It definitely gets my attention, especially more than "I will sing a one-minute song for you for $5" etc.

VukasinI likes this.
  5. Katherine Elizabeth

Katherine Elizabeth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes! You're Right.. (y)

Katherine Elizabeth, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  6. MBDungo

MBDungo Active Member

Best Answers:
    The acceptable ID types are listed at: https://support.odesk.com/entries/23058042
    I've already contact their support and it seem nowhere for me to upload a proof of my identity and to apply to jobs..
    Here is the reply of their support.

MBDungo, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  7. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn, but you definitely need to make a lot of search and try to engage with many members from certain groups of interest, for example Joomla Groups, WordPress Groups, Drupal groups, etc.. Definitely a better and more "business alike" way to find good customers.

kalseo, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  8. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow. It's 10 times easier to apply and get hired at a physical company than it is to validate your ID on oDesk. Do you have this? (Not even sure what it is)

9. neest321

neest321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the list of major freelancing sites though do note that there is huge disparity in demand vs supply with ppl undercutting the market
    1. elance.com
    2. odesk.com
    3. freelancer.com
    4. guru.com
    Freelnacer bought vworker and scriptlance so the number of sites has come down still I feels it is very crowded.

neest321, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  10. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    yes these are at top. still more to come to this line.

dean1122, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  11. Carrol09

Carrol09 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEOClerks.com - Perfect place to earn passive income by just selling things related to SEO, website, networking, graphics, hostings, and dozens more categories.

Carrol09, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  12. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All the listed above are great marketplaces and you definitely should try. Fiverr is really competitive marketplace. It is hard to think of something unique that hasn't been offered there yet. But if you think of anything unique, you have a gold in your hand (even if a gig worth is only $5). :D

VukasinI, Jan 10, 2014 IP
  13. mariarao

mariarao Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been a seller on SEOClerks.com for over two years and made more than $2K. In my own opinion, it is really good online marketplace for selling themes, ebooks, softwares, articles, SEO services and hundreds of more categories.

PS, their social bumps are really cool, bump your services to the top of the search results!

mariarao, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  14. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Personally I'd use SEOClerks instead of Fiverr. Especially if you're an expert in SEO or Social Media (those are the 2 top selling services). I don't want to say too much crap about Fiverr so I won't do that. I list some outstanding things about SEOClerks instead.

You can sell/buy services for as low as $1.
    You can bump your service to the top of the first page. (5 services per 24 hours.)
    Several user levels with awesome benefits for each.
    Contests/giveaways and promos regularly.
    Affiliate program where you'll earn 10% commission on every sale.

That's just 5 of the reasons that comes to mind in a blink of an eye.

inyourway, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  15. tareqjhe1

tareqjhe1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Odesk is a very good marketplace.Because I personally working here.

tareqjhe1, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  16. reaz.theprince

reaz.theprince Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you heard about SEOClerks website? It's the better website than Fiverr. I had tried Fiverr too, it's kinda so hard to get a single customer. Few months ago i heard about SEOClerks and made my first gig. I got 2 order in first day. That's kinda awesome for me. Now, i only use SEOClerks inside of Fiverr or others.

So, my suggestion for you is SEOClerks. You may try it and hope you will be lucky one to make big cash. Good luck <3

Regards,
    Mohammad Reaz

reaz.theprince, Mar 20, 2014 IP