1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's wrong with Google?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by eric_wahlberg, Mar 19, 2014.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't understand Google after Penguin Update.

In Penguin Update, Google is against article directories.

I see one of Matt Cutts Video in which he is saying that Guest Posting is no Good.

I don't understand what exactly Google wants, somethings I think all algorithms are fake, Google just wants us to opt for PPC.

Please give your views on it.

eric_wahlberg, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, what google is doing makes A LOT of sense.
    Think about it. You can achieve a top-rank by just buying a bunch of guest posts and doing a bunch of spammy sh... stuff to get your page to the top. Then, a customer googles what they need, see your page (because you're at the top), clicks on you, finds that your website is sh... not good, and then leaves and searches Yahoo for better results.

All of this means that he no longer sees those PPC ads on top, with which google makes a lot of money. Your awful "super SEO skills" have cost google a significant amount of money.

So it makes complete sense to me that google is closing down these amazing features (like guest posting) to prevent spammers and scammers from faking their way to the top.

The #1 rule with Google is basically "just do you SEO properly and well, and you'll be good", but because of all these money-hungry people who want to have an AMAZING page rank, everything gets ruined for the rest of us.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just really sad about guest blogging no longer being a thing lately.

YJunK, Mar 19, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk, Rado_ch and Jim4767 like this.
  3. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think so, if GG no longer accept guest posts, I really don't understand which standard they're currently use for website assessment. Content alone? It's never enough, Google still depend on backlinks and guest posts're among the best-quality backlinks (of course, should be from relevant blogs). My opinion, bloggers who wanna sell guess post should remove phrases like "Write to us" "guest post" on their blog, since I personally think Google will based on this to give a penalty.
    In addition, if Google failed to prevent SPAMMING, I don't think Yahoo or Bing at this time can do better than Google (tens of my Spamming website still ranked top 3 on Bing + Yahoo; but never appear on Google)

mrgadget, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  4. Fletchov

Fletchov Peon

Best Answers:
    Cutts never actually says guest blogging is wrong in his videos. Like most of the other things he is saying low quality guest blogging is wrong in Google's eyes. The core of search is still alive and if you do the basics correct you will find success in the search engines.

Fletchov, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  5. talkcarinsurance

talkcarinsurance Member

Best Answers:
    There are sites that are still posting anything as long as you pay them. Probably they and the sites that are advertising on those sites are the real targets. There shouldn't be problem with selective guest posting.

talkcarinsurance, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  6. Fletchov

Fletchov Peon

Best Answers:
    Those kind of sites that accept anything seemed to get destroyed by Google straight away now though which is good. Guest posting is still very alive and when done correctly is a huge benefit to any SEO campaign.

Fletchov, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  7. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, Google has been penalizing many sites whether the guest posts have been good or poorly written. They always use the excuse of calling all uses of a technique "spam" if it conflicts with their bottom line. Free organic SEO ultimately conflicts with Google's bottom line, as those employing it will not be using PPC. The entire point of a guest post is to write a quality, contextual post that conforms to Google's emphasis on organic, relevant and contextual links. Thus G is objecting to guest posting itself, not just junk content.

As soon as an effective optimizing strategy is understood enough to be scaled up by marketers, and exceeds the capacity of the Google ranking formula to keep up by distinguishing quality from spam, Google re-titles it ALL "web spam" and removes it from its algorithm. Google has had to make all these algo changes because its software is overheated, and can't handle the efficiency by which marketers are creating sites for optimum ranking.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    melprise, Mar 19, 2014 IP
    eric_wahlberg likes this.
  8. sandsumy

sandsumy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google can not do serp without links.

sandsumy, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  9. Fletchov

Fletchov Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact everyone is so strongly against Google and is adamant they are pushing us towards PPC is ridiculous.

If you don't like it go use Bing and Yahoo or Yandex!

Fletchov, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lest we ever forget, Google has one primary goal: to maximize returns to the stockholders. To do so, they need to stay out in front of Bing and the others by being the best search engine. So they're working hard to weed out of their SERPs the absolute junk that appears on the internet.

Jim4767, Mar 21, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What Google wants is a perfect utopia where links are naturally given and no one needs to link build. Then the best stuff rises to the top.
    That is it. Unfortunately for Google that won't happen, ever.

Dittmoe, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dittmoe is correct. That's Google's "perfect utopia." However, they are getting better and better at making algorithmic changes that move towards this goal. Therefore, the emphasis on great content will become even more important, content that will deserve and gain those naturally-given links.

Jim4767, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  13. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    natural links means the website is famous and there's a lot of word of mouth. Means also that only the companies with resources can compete. What happens to small companies? they'll disappear. That's the perfect utopia.

averyz likes this.
  14. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    And yet they've just attacked a guest blogging site and all of those who use it, without considering whether the content used is valuable or not. The vast majority of it was unique and good quality, yet Google has attacked every site involved in the guest blogging process connected with that primary site.

Matt seems to want to say one thing, while Google does something else entirely.

Conran, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  15. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, using your method, you would have those that can already afford mass promotion in the top. What you are talking about here is total and complete corporate dominance based on nothing more than a company's existing financial position.

What you are describing is total domination of the wealthy corporation over independent smaller businesses, meaning that no smaller company will ever have the opportunity to reach such dizzying heights, because they have nothing close to the budget of a corporation.

This would lead to a total corporatocracy, with one gigantic corporate entity controlling everything from the clothes you wear to the car you drive to the Search Engine you use to find it all.

Conran, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  16. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That would be similar to most all other communication platforms TV, radio, news print. Corporate controlled what people see is determined by what is paid for.

averyz, Mar 23, 2014 IP
  17. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Precisely, and look at the current state of American media. Biased reporting of factually incorrect content, dramatic presentation of events to grab attention rather than inform, news driven by profits rather than reality, the narrative controlled by the highest payer. Compare this to the publicly funded BBC in the UK and there is a clear difference. The BBC is far from perfect, but it beats US news media hands-down.

Some might suggest that this is the nature of Capitalism, but there is a fundamental flaw in capitalism; those with the most to spend can easily maintain dominance and crush any competition. This increasingly narrows the market until you have Wall-mart controlling the vast majority of retail across every state in America, making billions in profits every day, destroying smaller local suppliers and retailers, and while instantly funneling their profits out of the community, out of the country and away from paying taxes.

This has led to people paying less for products (as Wall-mart drives down the price they pay to their supplier, because they are increasingly their only customer), but more in subsidizing the pay of the lowest earners in the country. Wall-mart might sell you something for $3 less, but ten people are then paying more every year in taxes to support the Wall-mart employee earning less than a living wage and needing social support.

It's a false economy, giving people the impression that they are saving money, while they're actually having to pay more in taxation to the corporation dominating the market.

Replicate this with every corporation on the planet from Google to Amazon, and it's no wonder we have an unstable economy where the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, and increasing numbers of the middle class earners are finding themselves sliding down the totem-pole.

A good, stable economy cannot function when the wealthiest in society always control a rigged game.

Conran, Mar 23, 2014 IP
    averyz likes this.
  18. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I was ironic. I don't like it. I'll never like it. But this is my fear.

Conran likes this.
  19. gkhub

gkhub Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have a warez site. after Penguin Update, my site search rank going down and down. i dont like it. is anyone here can tell me what can be the reason?

gkhub, Apr 10, 2014 IP
  20. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to god, there is nothing wrong with his creations ;)

sumdor, Apr 10, 2014 IP