1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

best eCommerce Site

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Tim Ban, Mar 14, 2014.

hello everyone,
    I'm looking for the best site to build my site online with I need to be able to take payments online but will only have about 20-30 products to sell and some will be packages of different types or products put together. I want them to have the option to be able to pay via COD(cash on delivery) There will be no need for shipping from the site i will be doing all the shipping locally in my area. i want people to be able to login to my site for easy ordering.

please help if you can, so far i have looked at web.com, bigcommerce, shopify, volusion

i was ready to go with web.com but ready some very bad reviews online

If you have experience in this kinda stuff i would greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me!

thank you

Tim Ban, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  2. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Have you checked Zeuscart which has developed with more advanced features. Try the online demo and download zeuscart to create your store. http://zeuscart.com

swasa, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  3. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Volusion has been a highly-reputed webcart platform for a good long time. They're one of the biggest names in the game, which means a lot of good things for the relatively inexperienced webmaster. Of course, if you're just getting started and are trying something like this for the first time, it might be a good idea to work with a designer or developer as you set up your Volusion store.

There are other solutions like Bigcommerce and 3dcart that are a lot simpler to use right out of the box. These two examples have a tendency to be very user-friendly, and make it really easy to create very clean-looking, modern webstores without a ton of impressive coding or design skills (and I say that as someone without either).

Hope this helps! You're more than welcome to shoot me a PM if you've got more questions. :)

Solid Commerce, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  4. Jnr Masero

Jnr Masero Peon

Best Answers:
    Go for magento. Security is much more advanced and has better front end look en feel.
    http://www.ghalashops.com

Jnr Masero, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  5. PROtechSoft

PROtechSoft Active Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is arguably the best out there. Has CoD module as an add on as well. While its recommended on high end dedicated servers, it can potentially work on shared hosting too which is significantly cheaper. Trade off is the load time then.

PROtechSoft, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  6. AP sharma

AP sharma Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    The best ecommerce website in the market is shopify and Bigcommerce that allows you to build your store without getting tangled up in technology.

There are many online website builder,but the best solution depends on many factors, from how you intend to ship, the variety and complexity of the products you want to sell, your design requirements, and the way you intend to receive payments. Other considerations are things like whether drop shipping and integrated marketing are important to you.

Getting online by using such a free tools is fine but if you are planning a website to promote your business and improve sales, then these software doesn't fulfill the requirements.

There are many ecommerce web design company that offer custom web design and create your store in the way you want.You can consult with us if you need any help.

Thanks

AP sharma, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  7. DeborahYoung

DeborahYoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, try Magento once. It is good for security as well as one of the smart e-commerce solutions. If you want an online cart with in no time and less effort than the best choice is Magento. It is easy to use and highly costomizable platform. Magento is the widely used ecommerse platform. It is scalable and understand properly business requirements. It is affordable because it is an open source design platform. Using web.com is ok, but try Magento this time.

DeborahYoung, May 21, 2014 IP
  8. Ryan Viola

Ryan Viola Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is the best platform for eCommerce websites.

Ryan Viola, May 21, 2014 IP
  9. Minhaj123

Minhaj123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento is good CMS for large scale ecommerce. It has a lot of functionality which will not be suitable in your requirement.
    Big commerce, Shopify have some nice features but the monthly prices are expensive as well as you cannot modify the coding level.
    According to my opinion Opencart is more suitable according to your requirement.
    I have already created arount 20-25 opencart ecommerce website.

Regards,
    Minhaj

Minhaj123, Jun 6, 2014 IP
  10. JefferyDelreal

JefferyDelreal Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not know more about web.com. Why don't you try shopify, It is a very good and famous eCommerce site. There is a lot of facilities available regarding your needs, and I hope you will comfortable with it.

JefferyDelreal, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  11. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Magento is so popular. But take a look at Prestashop. Its new version have so attractive looking.

yagnik, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  12. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    Have you tried Magento and heard of smarty also where people setup different product websites.

jazzyjmnote, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  13. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    Give a chance to Magento. Best of the best platform for building eCommerce sites. Very scalable. Very easy to handle and maintain. Equipped with thousands of advanced features which will really make your site building, organizing and maintaining tasks very easy. This is my personal years of experience with Magento. I hope you will find it useful and helpful too.

Etoot, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  14. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    Now a days PHP based scripts are rocking the market...Its my opinion

m.sivarajan, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  15. chrislim2888

chrislim2888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will recommend the Magento, OpenCart, PrestaShop for self-hosted solution, and BigCommerce, Shopify for web hosted solution.

chrislim2888, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  16. caesar15

caesar15 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to get a quote from a web development company for your requirement and get your own website in prestashop, magento, opencart or any other CMS like wordpress woocommerce, Drupal Ubercart or Joomla Virtuemart. I personally recommend you eGrove Systems Corporations. I am not a spammer. I personally like the way they delivery the projects.

caesar15, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  17. EarlJones

EarlJones Peon

Best Answers:
    All the site where you looked are best ecommerce site, websites are the first interface customers and sellers and the ecommerce site which gives you the perfect selling, So i will suggest you some well known sites used for buying and selling of products, the name of these sites are Magento, BigCommerce, RedMart.

EarlJones, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  18. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    An updates on scripts to provide a better service for customers, a multi vendor e commerce scripts are available.

ChristyMathew, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  19. JosephMorin

JosephMorin Peon

Best Answers:
    I like these services of Volusion. Volusion offers breadcrumb trails, which are displayed in the categories and subcategories. But volution has some limitation as, peoples are looking for HTML program, but volution is being closed with asp. Volution has, limited FTP access. It offers to create custom HTML pages, but it is somewhat limited to area of page naming.
    Magento is the best according to your need, try it once. Magento is the trusted, highly recommended and leading eCommerce software.

JosephMorin, Aug 7, 2014 IP