1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Looking for Android/Java Developer for help on decompiling an APK

Discussion in 'Programming' started by samie, Mar 13, 2014.

Willing to pay, but had a few questions first regarding decompiling an APK.

PM me.

samie, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  2. samie

samie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Still looking. PM if interested.

samie, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  3. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    What is it you are actually trying to do?

thsadmin, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  4. samie

samie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Trying to decompile an app, then recompile it with some minor changes. However, apktool/smali seems to cause the app to not work even without making any changes. The app installs but then comes up blank after running it. I've been finding other ways too, like with using dex2jar, but I am running into issues with that too.

I'm sure it's just because I'm such a noob :p Like I never knew until earlier today about deleting the meta folder so I can re-sign the APK, but didn't really solve my issue unfortunately.

I even tried using jdgui to get all the source code and import it into eclipse but now I'm getting some " attach of thread 'Binder Thread #1' failed" error message.

I guess what I'm looking for at this point is maybe someone I could pay to show me how to do this properly.

samie, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  5. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Ohhh... yes, I had the same issues, similar anyway, I use Construct2 & that out puts as HTML5, so I had to compile using a website as well, but it only made the APK file - so like you I had to sign it & the re-align it, most of that has to be done in commands on my P.C using several other downloaded files, it was frustrating & confusing... go to this web site> compile APK> Download this file & that file> Now open command prompt & sign it> align it for Google Play... I had a bugger of a time & went back to designing games for now & kept the game on my server in HTML5. I'd like to know how you sign the APK & the steps you use now to compile it also. You're not a noob man! These things aren't explained before we start making games or buy the software to do so.

6. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    Hello,

I have sent you a PM. I can do the job for you. I hope it is still available

Sugavanas, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  7. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Master! Can you teach us publicly? Here on the forum? Do you use software? What program? Are the steps simple & we're getting confused by all of the instructions?

8. samie

samie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well that's definitely re-assuring that I'm not the only one having this issue haha I'll let you know if I get it figured out.

In order to sign the APK, I run the command:
    java -jar signapk.jar certificate.pem key.pk8 unsigned-helloworld.apk signed-helloworld.apk

So the unsigned-helloworld.apk would be the app you just previously compiled, and the signed-helloworld.apk would be created from this command.

So this "Construct2", it outputs it into a webpage? Or does it still get used on a mobile device? I'll have to look into that maybe.

Still trying to get this accomplished. Spoken to a couple people, and one wants $100 for the help of decompiling/recompiling, and another wants $10 which is suitable, but says he can't get it done until tomorrow :( Although I'm kind of wanting to get it done sooner.

samie, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  9. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Yeah similar to what I was doing, but it kept saying it couldn't find the file...

You can choose from several files to export the project as, there's like 15 different files : https://www.scirra.com/

But, it leads you to third party sites to compile the project & files in some cases.

Here's my game in html5: http://flappyville.com/Online/index.html

Very easy to use... you can try it for free, but it's limited to 100 lines I think & I don't think you can export with free version.

thsadmin, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  10. samie

samie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You need to download those files first:
    certificate.pem
    key.pk8
    signapk.jar

I'll send you a PM with them here in a bit maybe.

That is pretty cool though. I'll have to try it out. I was planning your flappybirds clone earlier and got up to level 35 :p

BTW, is that something you do in Eclipse?

samie, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  11. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    i can do flappybird clone in a different way. not from html5 but through scripting. if you want you can contact me.
    Can be released to ios, web, android, windows phone.

no cpyrights or links to other sites

Sugavanas, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  12. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Argh OK, I had downloaded heaps of crap lol, the instructions were download this, download that, now get this, I was lost & no doubt the files were also - somewhere on my P.C. All the games were made in Construct 2. Haha - I liked making the flappy Birds clone, pretty easy, construct 2 already has some of the games including Flappy Bird in the free game examples built into the software, I just tweaked the score, high scores & a few other things. But then I went on made the levels in my example above, then added 3 bonus stages, changed the bird etc... the game got too big for mobile devices though & nearly crashes construct2 - think it's the back ground image size.

13. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Actually dude, it can't be released anywhere, most places are blocking anything associated with Flappy Bird.

14. samie

samie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That's true. Flappy Birds is big right now for people creating knockoffs and the IOS/Android marketplaces are all over removing them.

If you wanted the files needed for signing an APK, you can download them at this link.
    http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...d259aace49/5327926a/1/8/4/6/0/9/5/SignApk.zip

So all you need to do is extract them into any folder and place your unsigned APK in that folder too. Then from command prompt you go to that folder and run the command I mentioned earlier.

I'll try out that Construct2 here in the near future. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if it could output the HTML5 coding, and then you could just still create a Web Application for Android.

Anyways, I'm still trying to get this done. Sugavanas is supposed to try doing this but won't be able to until tomorrow from what I understand.

samie, Mar 17, 2014 IP
    thsadmin likes this.
  15. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Awesome, thanks heaps for that, I'll have to give it a shot soon. I'll have to book mark this page so I can refer to the instructions lol.

Here's the instructions for APK with Cocoon JS, this is a HTML5 to APK Converter to use with Construct 2 (https://www.ludei.com/cocoonjs/)

Here's the tutorial: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/568/games-for-tablet - that may help you out with unpacking & packing the files - maybe. That's the set of rules I need to follow... it's mind boggling.

samie likes this.
  16. samie

samie Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Still looking for someone to help me with this. Paying $10.

samie, Mar 18, 2014 IP