1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help With The Best Approach To Design Website For Kids

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by wesleyel, Jan 31, 2013.

Hi everyone.
    Am developing a website for kids where they can read books online and connect with other kids from around the world.

ive designed the part of the website that gives information as to what the whole project is all about and i also have an open source social networking module or script installed to use for the interaction part of the project.

but my main issue now is with the reading aspect.
    a section where they can read books online when they log in.
    but i dont know what to do or which approach to take to achieve that.

i dont know if theres any open source script out there that i can just install on my web server, edit and use for such.

please any idea will be greatly appreciated.

wesleyel, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  2. Milosovic Bejdak

Milosovic Bejdak Member

Best Answers:
    You should definitely use BuddyPress for WordPress. There are a lot of plugins out there that can help you achieve that functionality.

Milosovic Bejdak, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  3. Anorios

Anorios Member

Best Answers:
    You can use forum software for that and add each chapter as a different post in a thread. This way they can easily remember where were they and also open a new thread to ask question about the book.

Otherways if you just want to add texts, any CMS that offers private pages(only logged in people can see them) will do. What is the extension of your books? TXT, epub,mobi, pdf?

Anorios, Mar 17, 2014 IP
    Forexpic.com likes this.